Friday, August 22, 2014

Blessings Journaling: A Bright New Day (Aug.22.2014b.)

Blessings Journaling: A Bright New Day (Aug.22.2014b.)



2014-08-22 10:28:35

Do you know what I love most about the Christian life? Christianity offers what no other spirituality or religion offers: Grace. And mercy. Unconditional love. Forgiveness. 

God offers me forgiveness, grace, and mercy at all times--just through my belief in Jesus Christ. That's the only catch and is the only requirement. To believe and have faith. That's it. 

God offers us grace, mercy, love, and forgiveness when we least deserve it as well and He does so without hesitation.

And, here's the kicker and sweet spot: He forgets all the wrong we've done. He forgets it the moment He extends His mercy and grace. He holds no wrongdoing against us. Our slate is wiped clean. He washes us with the refreshing rivers of mercy and grace over and over each day, each moment.

Right now. My slate is wiped clean. I can start anew in this moment. 

What a major, major, major blessing. 

315 I am starting fresh right now. Thanks be to You, God.

316 I spoke with hubby a few minutes ago. I am much better. So, is he, praise You. 317. He shared some good news with me. 318.

319 I spoke with my Mom. 

320 Now, I am back, Lord, to have more one-on-one time with You. Thank You, Jesus. 

Psalm 23 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation

321 Psalm 23, I read. 322 I read Psalm 24. 

323 I just sang "PRAISE YOU IN THIS STORM" by Casting Crowns at the top of my lungs and worshiped God, full of confidence in Him. I have no confidence in anything but Him.  God, You are so good. Faithful. Merciful. Full of Grace. 

Psalm 25:4 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Make Your ways known to me, Lord;
teach me Your paths.

324 I read Psalm 25.

325 Psalm 25:4. This is my deepest, most significant, and meaningful prayer for B and me, individually and collectively--in every way. 

Psalm 25:5 New King James Version (NKJV)

Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day.
New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

326 Psalm 25:5. Yes, Abba. Lead me. Help me cling to Your Truth, to learn it, and follow it and believe it. Teach me. I have so much to learn, Lord. So much. Lead me, teach me, for You are the One who gives me salvation and grace. Hence, I WILL wait on You all day. Without fail. 

Lord, teach me the last part of that verse. I know B and I are both, individually and collectively, in a hold pattern. You want us to wait on you. You're adding the other ingredients before You can finish stirring us and add the heat to make us Your masterpiece. 327.

328 My Rock and Sure Foundation, my Lord and Savior, my Comforter and Redeemer, Immanuel, Prince of Peace, my Counselor... I realize I really need to go back and look at everything I've thanked You for to this point and add everything I've missed or forgotten. Today should be a review day. Will do.

329 Thank You for putting this on my mind and in my heart:

Isaiah 9:6 New King James Version (NKJV)

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

330 Lord, You are soooo good. So good. 

331 Thank You for hearing my anguish earlier--and for seeing me through 332. Thank You for putting up with me 333. 334 Every verse You've presented to me so far has been perfect and timely. I realize I need to go through all of them again. Not just today, but all. And, especially today. 

335 You are speaking to me. I hear You. Thank You!!! I HEAR You. Thanks for getting through the loud noise and mess in my head.




Blessings Journaling Review (Aug. 22.2014c.)

2014-08-22 11:22:23

Looking at the document I have saved down from my Penzu.com journal. 336.

Formatting it now. 

336 54 pages of BLESSINGS JOURNALING Blog Book so far. If 8.5 x 11. But, I changed it to 7 x 10 inches in size and changed the line-spacing. Now, this blessings book is 69 pages. 

337 336 Blessings Counted so far. 

338 234 Journaling entries so far since August 04, 2014 in Penzu.com.

339 Natalie Grant and her music.

340 POINT OF GRACE and their music.

I'm going to continue formatting the book so I can publish it eventually. I want to review everything today and work on formatting the blog posts into book format. 

341 The first day I started counting my blessings was on August 16, 2014. That's seven days. 

Looking for something. Please, Lord, help me find it. Found it! Thank You, Lord. 342. 

Well... Just not feeling the review thing right now. And, don't want to focus on the writing business part today. Not this day. I think I would rather lean in to You, God and just be with you--not do anything--except that. Be--with--You. Period. Nothing less and nothing more.  

343 The music of FOR KING 7 COUNTRY.

Everything about our future Lord is blank. We have no idea where we are headed or where You are leading us, Lord. B and me. It's rather unnerving. We KNOW You have perfect timing and a perfect plan. It's just scary to get there. the path is unknown. Unknowns are what are so terrifying and disconcerting. That beings said, we have faith. We know You'll get us there, in they way You desire, and when You want it. We have no doubt of this.  

Listening to FOR KING 7 COUNTRY reminds me of when B and I lived in Las Vegas and saw them, along with their sister Rebecca St. James perform. 344. 

I cannot focus much right now. My mind keeps wandering. 

Okay. Stop. I can focus and I can keep my mind focused and prevent it from wandering. Each are choices. Lord, help me flesh. I am weak today. 

I just shut off the music. I think I need silence--and some more coffee, but iced this time. (Yum.)

344 This cup of iced coffee. 345 Our pod maker. 346 Gevalia Kaffe coffee. 

Lord, I have no idea whatsoever what to do from here. Help. Guide me. Show me the way. 

I'm doing better than this morning. But, now I'm tired and my brain is mush. I am exhausted and could use a weekend to lie low and not do much. I need rest--of body, heart, and soul, never mind my mind. 

Lord, forgive the USA--particularly Christians for not taking stands in Your name and in the memory of the forefathers and foremothers. We have allowed political correctness to go to the absolute extreme. Moreover, we believe what others say, and spout what they say, rather than form our own INFORMED and researched beliefs. 

I think ISIS is also weighing heavily on me--and what they have done (or should I say, more appropriately, what they haven't done) and how our administration refuses to deal with it properly. 

Okay... I think I'm going to start with a blank slate and a new journaling entry to see if that might help my funk. (Thank You, God, that I can. 347.)

No comments:

Post a Comment