Friday, August 22, 2014

Blessings and Prayer Journaling for Morning (Aug.23.2014a.)



2014-08-23 09:51:11, Saturday

375 Had breakfast with B this morning.

376 I am able to single out some time right now to journal. I praise and thank You, Lord. (Unspoken.)

Verse of the Day from: https://www.biblegateway.com/

Psalm 94:18-19 New Living Translation (NLT)

18 I cried out, “I am slipping!”
    but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me.
19 When doubts filled my mind,
    your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. (Blessing 377.)

What a sweet, tender, uplifting passage. Thank You, Lord. Your timing is perfect. (378) It's exactly what I needed to hear, read, pray, and meditate on today--for myself (379), hubby (380), and others (381). 

382 Unspoken

383 I started to make a Granny Square Afghan yesterday afternoon.

TIME WITH GOD IN THE WORD
384 Read Psalm 26

Psalm 27:4-5 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

I have asked one thing from the Lord;
it is what I desire:
to dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
gazing on the beauty of the Lord
and seeking Him in His temple.
For He will conceal me in His shelter
in the day of adversity;
He will hide me under the cover of His tent;
He will set me high on a rock.

 If I am already in His sanctuary, then I am in an extra safe place. Praying, meditating on the Word, counting my blessings, and prayer journaling draws me into His sanctuary. (386)

Psalm 27:4 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW) 

I have asked one thing from the Lord.
    This I will seek:
    to remain in the Lord’s house all the days of my life
        in order to gaze at the Lord’s beauty
            and to search for an answer in his temple.
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group. (387)

Read Psalm 27:4 again.  Did you catch that?

Psalm 27:4 is a verse that supports counting your/my blessings 24/7. 

How else can you see beauty all around--even in times of stirring or storm? (388).

How else can I/you remain in the Lord's sanctuary, house, temple--and do so right where you are, and right now? (389)

No comments:

Post a Comment