Friday, August 22, 2014

Blessings Journaling: TGIF (Aug.22.2014a.)

Blessings Journaling: TGIF (Aug.22.2014a.)

2014-08-22 07:05:28, Friday



 It's amazing how quickly things change. I write this now at: 2014-08-22 09:06:27 -- and things have changed. Drastically.

I woke up this morning and sat down to start to have some time with God--and meant it when I wrote TGIF--and in the best sense. I was thrilled to have a day to look forward to be with God and prayer journal and count my blessings. Everything looked up.

Then, the storm blew in again. Bam. Just that fast. You might call it a microburst. 

My hubby and I are being tried and tested. Terribly. 

Lord, please, help us--You know the prayers on my heart. 

So, I cried. I cannot tell you the last time I've cried. And, I keep having little surges of tears and cries, then I pull myself back together. I realize the very thing I need right now is to cling to God and listen to Him far more than I speak. I need to cling to God and the Word.

Prayer: Lord, help me to cling to You and Your Word.  Help me to hear You. Please hear all of B's and my prayers and help us have a vision of Your plan. In other words, guide us. Comfort us. Help us know how we can travel this journey in a godly way.

Ugh. I had to stop so I could cry again. This just has to stop. I need to count my blessings. What number am I on again?  

303 I had a really good and peaceful night's sleep--so did Zack 304 and B did mostly 305. I praise You and thank You so much, Lord.  

306 I have someone praying for us right now. And, I'm praying for them, too 307.

308 CASTING CROWNS, the Christian band. I'm listening to them right now.  It's my plan to beat this funk with praise and worship 309.

Psalm 20:1-5 New Living Translation (NLT)

For the choir director: A psalm of David.

In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry.
    May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm.
May he send you help from his sanctuary
    and strengthen you from Jerusalem.
May he remember all your gifts
    and look favorably on your burnt offerings. Interlude
May he grant your heart’s desires
    and make all your plans succeed.
May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory
    and raise a victory banner in the name of our God.
May the Lord answer all your prayers.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

309 Thank You, Lord! To You be the glory. Psalm 20:1-5, how comforting and a wonderful reminder. You WILL answer my cry. You wills end me help and strengthen me with Your strength.

This is the verse that spoke to me the most and caught my attention. When I wrote what I did earlier, I wasn't even thinking of this verse. You brought this verse to me now. Nothing is coincidental. I know You are affirming and reaffirming this very truth:

Psalm 20:4 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

He will give you your heart’s desire
    and carry out all your plans.
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group

Chey., Lord. Please. Or, wherever You want. As soon as possible. Your will be done, not ours. But, this is our desire. 

Psalm 20:4 Expanded Bible (EXB)

May he give you ·what you want [L all your heart]
    and ·make all your plans succeed [L fulfill all your plans],
Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

Note: ALL. Without fail. None excluded. ALL.

All, Lord. 310.

I'm starting to feel better. Calmer. I sense Your presence more. I knew You were with me all along, but my emotions threw up a wall of protection and it shut everything and You out for a minute. I kept seeking You, but I didn't remain completely open to You. I didn't realize it until now. I had a hand on you, in Your hand, but the other was flailing in the wind of the microburst as it sought to find and hold Your other hand. I now have both of my hands on You. Or, one on You and One on the Bible. I cling to both. 311.

312 Psalm 20, I read. 313 I read Psalm 21.

Oh, dear. One of the songs by CASTING CROWNS just brought on a whole new round of tears. Ouch. But, oh what a blessing!!! 314. 

2014-08-22 10:01:25

314 Amy Van Dyken Rowen walked yesterday. Praise the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment