Friday, August 24, 2012

Book 1



I guess it is about time I told you about Book 1 of the Family Treez of the USA Series. At this point, I must admit I am not sure of the title. I am calling it , A JAMESTOWN LIFE, today. But, who knows if it will stick. I sure do not know at this point. I am rather undecided at this point, I must admit. Here is what I am sure of, though:
Book 1 is about a married couple, Francis and Mary Mason, who make the decision to pick up their lives and move to Jamestown in America in 1613, along with their three year old daughter. They move from Norfolk, England. 
Can you imagine taking a trip for two to three months across the ocean to go to the place near the Lost Colony of Roanoke, known for the Starving Time and massacres by the natives?
There were few women and children as well at the time at Jamestown and in the surrounding areas.
I cannot imagine any of that, never mind the stress it would put on a marriage.
Welcome to Book 1 of the FAMILY TREEZ OF THE USA SERIES. 
It is about a real, Christian, American family. It is based off of my family. 
And I currently live just fifteen minutes from Jamestown and live in Hampton, where they settled. I did not know any of this until a couple of months ago. My husband and I moved to Virginia about 13 months ago. So, I have a really good idea of the setting. 
The Masons were not the only family to come to Jamestown. There were also the Tuckers, Arundells, Sherwoods, and Williamsons. This is a little foreshadowing for you and a little teaser of what is to come. Never mind a real-life mail order bride. 
See. I peaked your interest now, did I not?

BY THE WAY: The photo above is one I took of Jamestown a few months ago. This is at the archaeological dig. This is where the United States of America began and is where my ancestors tread. (Humbling. Amazing. Awe-inspiring. Mind-boggling.)

(Photo Credit: Stacy Duplease. 2012.)

-- Stacy Duplease
Sent from my cell.

No comments:

Post a Comment