Thursday, August 21, 2014

Good Morning, Lord: Blessings Counted (Aug.21.2014a.)

Good Morning, Lord: Blessings Counted (Aug.21.2014a.)


0809141205c.jpg


2014-08-21 06:40:54, Thursday

Good morning, Lord! What a glorious one it is and thank You for allowing me the 246 opportunity of a new day and a 247 blank slate, where I can count more blessings and look for You and Your glory today 248. Where I can look for You 249. 

250 Thank you for 219 journal entries since August 04, 2014.

251 Thank You for showing me 250 blessings. 

Lord, open my eyes, mind, heart, and spirit to find far more blessings than I already have. Help me not to miss seeing and counting any. Help me see the subtle ones as well as the vivid ones.

Help me see You. 

And Your work, which is Your glory. 

252 Thank you for Sinan coming and snuggling with me this morning before I got out of bed. He wanted so much love and was so loving as well. What a sweet blessing. 

253 Thank You for Harry greeting me this morning, although even he thinks it's a little too early still.
  
 Today's Verse of the Day from https://www.biblegateway.com/  is:

Psalm 42:8 New Living Translation (NLT)

But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me,
    and through each night I sing his songs,
    praying to God who gives me life.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

254 Psalm 42:8. Amen! 

James 1:5-8 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith without doubting. For the doubter is like the surging sea, driven and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. An indecisive man is unstable in all his ways.

255 I just read Psalm 19 and highlighted every verse 256. Each verse spoke to me. 

2014-08-21 08:21:11

0818141611a.jpg

Isn't it sad, and frustrating, how quickly things can change? The journaling entry from above was written at a different time and from a different place than this will. Things changed in my life just between the first part of this journaling entry and now. 

A storm blew in. A figurative one, where I forgot temporarily everything I read in Psalm 19. Then, in.the middle of the storm, finally, I remembered James 1:5-6 and Psalm 19. Both helped me and did so tremendously 256.

So, the storm blew through and I'm left with the remnant left behind. My heart is heavy. I wish I could wiggle my nose like Samantha or flip my ponytail like Jeannie and make everything right. But, I can't. It's sad and frustrating. Everything is unclear in my life right now. The future is uncertain in every way. 

Wait a minute. 

What if the way things are right.now are right? How could such uncertainty and turmoil be right?

I wink and a grin comes to my face slowly. My eyes sparkle.

Everything is in God's plan. Everything. So, even the storm. Even the uncertainty. Even the future. All of it is right. ALL. Why and how? It's in His will. He is working. He is with us (B and me). This is what is right.

God is a God who allows the pot to be stirred. Why? It's what is created from the stirring that tastes, and is, so flavorful and it's a blessing to taste, experience, and savor.

But, none of that would happen if it wasn't stirred.

Take some flour. Pour it into a bowl. Then, add sugar. Then, vanilla extract and chocolate chips and syrup. Then, add some cold butter. Then, pour that into a pan and bake, without stirring. What would you get after half an hour? A mess.

You see. The mess isn't in the stirring. Although, if careless, some batter or ingredients will make it over the sides of the bowl. God is a careful stirrer. He's quite detail oriented. He doesn't allow anything to escape His notice. So, the mess isn't in the stirring. The mess is in the lack of stirring. 

If we aren't stirred by God, we're a mess. If we are stirred, we are made to His perfect specifications. We are made to be a new creation of God. But, we can't be unless He stirs. 

Again, the mess is in the unstirred, not in the stirred. 

Wow!!!! GLORY! 

I never thought. I never thought of that. I.never looked at things that way. How true it is. Incredible. 

Thank.You, Lord!!! 257.

(Both image credits: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC. August 2014.)

No comments:

Post a Comment