Sunday, August 17, 2014

No Rushing, No Busyness, Less Work


NO RUSHING AND NO BUSYNESS AND LESS WORK

Prayer Journal and 40 (08.15.2014b.)

2014-08-15 15:01:45

NO RUSHING AND NO BUSYNESS AND LESS WORK
I do not know of anyone on their deathbed who said they wished they rushed more, were busier, or worked more. 

But, isn't this the way we live our lives?

What are my greatest or fondest memories of the last forty years? They sure weren't times I rushed, were busy, or while working. Not one of my fondest memories are of those things.

When I think of the best way to live the next forty years, and make the best memories, and those three things do not even come to mind. Busyness, rushing, and working are not the memories I want to remember most. 

But, again, isn't this how most of us live?

My fondest memories and my ideal future memories include none of those three things. None. Not one. Consequently, how do I want to live today and in the future? Being with God is my first and main answer. Also, being with my best friend and hubby. But, also enjoying the glory of God, through observing His creation. This is how. 

Slowing down and actually enjoying where I am, taking it all in, being fully present, looking for the glory of God and His blessing. This is how I want to live my next forty plus years.

I think this is the most important reason to journal and is why I enjoy journaling so much. I slow down to see and hear God. 

If I am busy, rushing, or working, how much do I see and hear God? 


(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC. August 2014. The Virginia Living Museum.)

No comments:

Post a Comment