Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Blessings Counted Journaling and Prayer Journaling (Aug.20.2014e.)


f0dd9c70-9ca4-49b7-8c41-83d1dfc46985.jpg

Blessings Counted Journaling and Prayer Journaling (Aug.20.2014e.)

2014-08-20 10:12:01

230 Thank You, Lord, for this day. It's an opportunity to seek You, draw near to You, and listen to You. Thank You so much for this. It truly is a blessing. 

231 I love how You surprise us. You do the unexpected. You do that--while you are never-changing. You are always stable. Yet, You delight in showing us new worlds, new ways, new thoughts, new ways of living, and new ways to do things. You love us so much You don't leave us where we are or how we are. 

Lord, Zack is having dementia. Help. 

232 I praise You and thank You that what I did sleep last night, it was soundly. I thank You for the same for B 233 and Zack 234.

Took some time to do a little more research as I pray for answers. Now, I need a snack. 

2014-08-20 10:37:29

PRAYER JOURNALING: WHAT IS YOUR WILL REALLY AND HOW CAN I KNOW IT?
Lord, guide me. Do You want me to continue prayer journaling and counting my blessings or do You want me to continue with ONE THOUSAND GIFTS by Ann Voskamp? Please guide me and make it abundantly clear. 

God, give me Your eyes and vision. I have sinful, carnal, imperfect, human, earthly eyes. Help me to see what You want me to see and how You want me to see. Then, help me to respond immediately and to know what to do. 

Lord... How do I know Your will vs. my will? I know Your wills tands up against Your Word, the bible,a dn is supported by it. But, how do I apply that to two different things?
1 Having a kiddo
2 The decision of B's and my future

What do those look like? 

There have been so many times I was absolutely positive about the way forward about having a kiddo and B's and my future. So many times. B, too. But, then, the door slams shut. The door hasn't just slowly swung shut. It's been a slam--several times. 

How do we know we're really hearing You and not our own desires? How do we really know without fail? 

The reason why I ask is because both are weighing HEAVILY on B and me. 

Aha! I just thought of a verse to pray about this:

James 1:5-8 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith without doubting. For the doubter is like the surging sea, driven and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. An indecisive man is unstable in all his ways.

James 1:5-6 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW) 

If any of you needs wisdom to know what you should do, you should ask God, and he will give it to you. God is generous to everyone and doesn’t find fault with them. When you ask for something, don’t have any doubts. A person who has doubts is like a wave that is blown by the wind and tossed by the sea.
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group

James 1:5-6 Expanded Bible (EXB)

But if any of you ·needs [lacks] wisdom, you should ask God for it [Prov. 2:6]. He is generous to everyone and will give you wisdom ·without criticizing you [without finding fault; ungrudgingly; Matt. 7:7]But when you ask God, you must ·believe [ask with faith] and not doubt. Anyone who doubts is like a wave in the sea, ·blown up and down [driven and tossed] by the wind.
Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

James 1:5-6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind.
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation


James 1:5-6 New Living Translation (NLT)

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Yes, Lord. This is what I will carry around with me and keep praying over as well. 

Thank You, Lord. That's precisely what I needed.

235 James 5:5-6.

236 James 5:5-8.

237 For presenting me those verses to pray and keep praying. To A-S-K--ASK. Ask, seek, knock. 

Matthew 7:7 New King James Version (NKJV)

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

238 Matthew 7:7.

If B and I keep praying for wisdom, and thanking You for giving it to us in advance, and keep asking, You will give us the answer and wisdom--generously, abundantly, deeply. 

To You be the glory and forever and ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment