Monday, August 18, 2014

Journal (Aug.17.2014e.BJ.)




Journal (Aug.17.2014e.BJ.)

2014-08-17 19:42:41

In my last journaling entry, I said I tried to find some information, but couldn't find it. I will get on my PC on Tuesday, August 19 and see if I can find it then. However, I did something I always try to do... I found a workaround in the meanwhile (Blessing 56). Here it is: 

On Wednesday, November 06, 2013, I received a superb and amazing blessing. It was sorely needed and perfectly timed, I might add (Blessing 57). Two weeks before, I went through a life storm with a Category 5 hurricane equivalent. I cannot even begin to describe how difficult it was, as You know, Lord. Therefore, this was needed beyond belief. 

So, I did what I do when I go through a stressful time. I went to a Christian bookstore to look at books. I hit the jackpot and found this:

51_MkVGcQIL._SL250_.jpg

I heard of it, but hadn't read it or read any of this book. It's called:

ONE THOUSAND GIFTS: A DARE TO LIVE FULLY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE
by Ann Voskamp (Blessing 58)

It's a bestseller and it won my heart, right from page one. Ann Voskamp is an incredible and lyrical writer. This book is guaranteed to be a classic. Moreover, her content and biblical references are exceptional. It helped me recover from what happened. 

Although, just referring to that time, and what happened one month before Thanksgiving, it has stirred up those emotions. Sigh. That was about ten months ago... 

At any rate, because of this book, I started to heal and healed a great deal actually. Was it because of anything Ann Voskamp said. Yes. But, I think.even she would agree with this statement: The best healing we can do is by offering thanks to God. In fact, it's the best thing we can do--period. 

The answer to every dilemma and to every question is to give thanks. The first, middle, and last parts of our day, and everything in-between should be spent giving thanks and counting our blessings--just like reading and pondering the Word. 

I must admit, I didn't count 1,000 gifts, blessings given by God, since I read this book, but I hope to do so between now and November 06. 

Let me think... if I count 20 blessings a day, minimal... 1,000 - 58 blessings I've counted so far= 942. 942 divided by 20 = 47.1 days (Blessing 59).

Huh. I will be able to count to 1,000 at least once between now and then.... Without counting precisely on a calendar... It's about 79 days from now until November 06. 79 times 20 = 1,580 blessings counted approximately. 

More math... 365 times 20 = 7,300 blessings counted per year. This would be pretty amazing if I.actually followed through with this endeavor, and did so for the least of my life. 

Here is the website for the book (Blessing 60):


Here is the online journal, blog, and website of Ann Voskamp (Blessing 61):


No comments:

Post a Comment