Monday, August 18, 2014

Blessings Counted Journal and the Bible (Aug.18.2014b.)


Blessings Counted Journal and the Bible (Aug.18.2014b.)

0811141252e-2.jpg

2014-08-18 16:03:25

I prefer to read my Bible first thing in the morning, but with sleeping maybe a total of two  hours total all night, I didn't get up as early as planned. So, no Bible reading this morning. (Sigh and pout.) Hence, I'm getting ready to do it now. I still have a reading to get done from yesterday. I didn't sleep very well.the night before and.started falling asleep. (Not good.)

So, I stopped reading rather than be rude to God. I realize now that I should have kept reading. It's better to give God and His Word my time, regardless of my state, rather than fail to do so. (Whoops.)

TIME WITH GOD AND HIS WORD

Psalm 9:1 New Living Translation (NLT)

For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be sung to the tune “Death of the Son.”

I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
    I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

This is another reason why counting my blessings of the last forty years, of the present, and the future is so important. This verse tells me to tell what God has done--and how they are marvelous. Oh, He has done marvelous, magnificent, and amazing things in my life, through my life, and around my life. 

I am to praise God.

With all of my heart. Not a partial heart.

And I will tell of the extraordinary things God has done and count my life's blessings. 

Blessing 92 is Psalm 9:1 NLT.

Psalm 9:1 Expanded Bible (EXB)

For the director of music. To the tune of “The Death of the Son.” A psalm of David.

I will ·praise [or give thanks to] you, Lord, with all my heart.
    I will ·tell [recount] all ·the miracles you have done [your wonderful deeds].
Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

Amen!

Praise... Give thanks... 

Look for it... RECOUNT. (A-ha!)

93 Psalm 9:1 EXB.

See. This. This is why it's difficult for me to commit to a Bible Reading program. I want to meditate on this verse alone for a while and soak it all in, think it through, and pray to God about it. I don't want to rush it. I want to give it time. 

94 My faith

95 My salvation

96 Granny's faith

97 Being able to meditate on Psalm 9:1.

98 Hamburger party, cheddar cheese, and ketchup--no bun. Dinner.

99 My weight was down again this morning. And every morning since Thursday.

100 The Broncos won their game last night. 27-0. 

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC. August 2014. Norfolk Botanical Garden.)

No comments:

Post a Comment