Saturday, August 23, 2014

Blessings Journaling (Aug.23.2014b.)


Blessings Journaling (Aug.23.2014b.) 

2014-08-23 10:30:00

TIME WITH GOD IN THE WORD

Psalm 27:7-8 New Living Translation (NLT)

Hear me as I pray, O Lord.
    Be merciful and answer me!
My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
    And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. (390)

What a sweet passage. Tender. Darling. Special. I want this to be said of me. I want this to be a continual action on my part, day and night--always coming to the Lord to go and talk with Him. Oh, what a blessing this is (391) and will be (392).

393 I just killed a cat sized spider in my bathtub. Now, it won't bite and humans or critters. (Eeeeuw!) 

394 Just added water to each turtle tank, so they are set for a bit. (Yay!)

Still working on deleting more stuff from my PC. (395). 

Just checked out something, which I really wanted to know--and it works like I hoped. I thank You, Jesus! (396)

I really can put any and all pictures in Shutterfly (http://www.shutterfly.com/) and use Shutterflycom like my desktop, except no storage room needs to be taken on my pc. (397) I'm rearranging files in Shutterfly.com right now. (398.) I can also use Shutterfly.com as a slideshow. And, can save pics to my desktop, or save a link for my blog to insert photos. (Yay!) 
 I am thrilled about this.

I think I've made it my goal where I save nothing on my desktop, so to speak, but everything on my cloud storage, external storage, Shutterfly.com, etc. So, this is how I can do that. Between Penzu.com, Shutterfly.com, and Google Drive, along with my cloud storage and external hard drive, I'm set. (Thank You, Lord. To You be the glory. 399).

2014-08-23 11:28:40

TIME WITH GOD IN THE WORD, PART 2

Psalm 27:11 Names of God Bible (NOG)

11 Teach me your way, O Yahweh.
    Lead me on a level path
    because I have enemies who spy on me.
Names of God Bible (NOG)
The Names of God Bible (without notes) © 2011 by Baker Publishing Group. (400)

401 Lord, I KNOW you can teach me Your Way and lead me on Your path. I thank You for all the times you have (402), are (403), and will (404).

Psalm 27:13 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

13 I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. (405)

Lord, through Blessings Counted Journaling (#BlessingsCountedJournaling), I know that I have (405), are (406), and will (407) see Your goodness while here on earth, before I die. The whole reason I can count my blessings is because of Your goodness (408). 

This verse REALLY speaks to me (409):

Psalm 27:14 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

14 Wait for the Lord;
be strong and courageous.
Wait for the Lord.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved. (410)

Psalm 27:14 Expanded Bible (EXB)

14 ·Wait for [Hope in] the Lord’s help.
    Be strong and let your heart be brave,
and ·wait for [hope in] the Lord’s help.
Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved. (411)

Wow. Wonder of Wonders. What an incredible verse.

Psalm 27:14 really speaks strongly to me because of what B and I are going through as we wait, Lord, for Your guidance about our future (professionally speaking) and as far as adopting a kiddo. You have us in a waiting pattern, a hold pattern, like airplanes ready to know their destination and are having to circle the airport until they receive guidance from flight control. 

But, I know this much. While in the waiting room for those two very important divine appointments with You, Lord, in the Holy of Holies, there is much for us to do: Remain in You and in Your Word. Helps us to draw closer to you by the moment and help us to pray without ceasing and thank You at all times for and in all things.  Thank You, now, for Your answer to this prayer (412). 

413 I read Psalm 27.

414 Psalm 27 really blessed my socks off. Thank You, Lord. The perfect Word at the perfect time. To You be the glory. 

415 I read all of Psalm 28.

416 Psalm 28 spoke to me and got my attention. I could highlight the entire chapter, but will pick the verse which spoke the most to me. 

Psalm 28:7 New Living Translation (NLT)

The Lord is my strength and shield.
    I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
    I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. (417)


418 Lord, You just presented another verse to me about thanks, thanksgiving, gratitude, and counting my blessings. Thank You. 

419 I thank You, Lord, for being the Great Comforter. (Unspoken.) For me (420), B (421), and others in our lives today (422) (unspoken).

423 Lord, every single verse I've read this morning from the Book of Psalms has been a balm to my soul and heavy heart, to my weary mind, and to my spirit. Every verse. All. The ones I've mentioned so far have spoken to me the most.

424 The same can be said yesterday about all of the verses You presented to me. Thank You. To You be all glory, honor, and praise. 

Help me live every moment Psalm 28:7.

Last night, Abba, I mentioned how I felt I needed to re-read all of my Blessings Counted List and all of the Bible Verses listed in my Blessings Journaling entries on Penzu.com and in my blog. Well, Lord, I am feeling this even more today. God, how should I go about doing this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment