Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Blessings Counted, Bible, and Prayer Journaling (Aug.20.2014b-d)




Blessings Journaling (Aug.20.2014b.)

2014-08-20 07:26:02

Lord, I have so much to say. So many questions. But, I know to turn to You and Your Word. All of that will come, just like clarity. 

I also find it interesting how so many times in life I've said, "No way. There is no way I want this or can do this. I don't want it." Hah. My Never Do or Want List tends to come true. For instance, I never wanted to marry a trucker, a cop, or someone in the military. Well, B has been all three in his life. So, case and point how never-do lists can often bite ya. So, this latest never-do possibility shouldn't be a surprise. (Chuckling.) And, I'm counting this a blessing. 203. Even though it's part of my never-do list and You may be calling us to do it. 

Now that I got off my chest, time with You and Your Word. I sure do need it.

TIME WITH GOD AND HIS WORD

2014-08-20 07:33:11

Psalm 16:8 New Living Translation (NLT)

I know the Lord is always with me.
    I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Amen and amen! That was the verse of the day from: 

204 You ARE with me. 205 Always. 206 And, I know it. Granted, sometimes it's more than others. 207 But, today... This day, I know this strongly. 208 It may not make sense, everything that happened last night, but it doesn't have to yet. You are with us and will 209 guide us--and will do so 210 clearly and 211 right at Your perfect timing. To You be the glory. 

210 I have more peace than I have had in a long time. (Why? Obviously, it's because of You. But, what's brought the peace? Time will tell.)

211 I got caught up yesterday with all of my Bible Reading. Praise You. 

Psalm 17:3 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

You have tested my heart;
You have examined me at night.
You have tried me and found nothing evil;
I have determined that my mouth will not sin.

Lord, may that be said of me. 

212 A private blessing, where I just joked with You, knowing You knew my heart.



0811141558b.jpg



Blessings Journaling (Aug.20.2014c.)

2014-08-20 07:55:06

Show me the way, Lord, for You are the/my Way. 

Ugh! I keep trying to paste a verse here, but it isn't working. How frustrating. I guess I will just list it. Psalm 17:5.

213 Psalm 17:5. May that be said of me. Help me to keep to Your Word.

Psalm 17:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God.
    Bend down and listen as I pray.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

(Weird. I was able to paste that verse. 214 Thank You, Jesus.)

215 Psalm 17:6. This verse REALLY resonates today. This day. With everything B and I are going through. 

216 Psalm 17:6 I KNOW that I know this verse to be true. 217 You answer EVERY prayer. 218 You also hear every prayer. 219 I know that I know You hear, and will answer B's and my prayers. I KNOW this with absolute certainty. No doubt. Just as sure as I know 220 Your plans are perfect. 

221 I finally finished cup one of my coffee. Now, for cup two 222.

Lord... I just saw this in an email:

TITLE:

"US working to verify video purportedly showing beheading of American journalist"


SOURCE:


Again... Lord...

Ugh.

Lord, I don't even know what to say or pray to that and about that. Lord... So senseless. I'm speechless. 

Be with the family and friends of journalist James Foley. 

I just read the article again. 

Sad. Despicable. Cowardly what the terrorists did. 

I don't know if I will ever understand the thinking of terrorists and followers of this view of Islam. The leaders will not commit suicide after murdering lives in the name of their god. They send people to murder instead. The people follow willing... not questioning why their leaders say it's so good to do, but the leaders won't be the first to do it. That simply doesn't make sense.

And, how can a good god tell people to conduct genocide? 

How can anyone buy into this?

Do they not think?

Sigh. Scratching head. Heavy heart. Confused mind. 

Lord... 

How can people follow a belief that says it's okay to behead innocents--journalists and children as ISIS has done? 

I just don't understand. 

223 It's a major blessing I can just ponder these things and share them publicly. 

Now, back to the Word, my sanctuary and refuge.

2014-08-20 08:35:39

224 I read Psalm 17.

Psalm 18:1-2 Expanded Bible (EXB)

For the director of music. By the Lord’s servant, David. David sang this song to the Lord ·when [L on the day] theLord had ·saved [rescued; T delivered] him from Saul and all his other enemies [C the occasion is unknown; 2 Sam. 22 parallels this psalm]. He said:

18 I love you, Lord. You are my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my ·protection [L fortress], my ·Savior [rescuer; T deliverer].
    My God is my rock.
·I can run to him for safety [L …in whom I find protection/take refuge].
    He is my shield and ·my saving strength [L the horn of my salvation;C symbolizing strength based on an animal lifting its head triumphantly], my ·defender [stronghold].
Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

225 Psalm 18:1-2 EXB.

Psalm 18:1-2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

For the choir director. A Psalm of David the servant of the Lord, who spoke to the Lord the words of this song in the day that the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. And he said,

18 “I love You, O Lord, my strength.”
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation


226 Psalm 18:1-2 NASB. 

WOW. Wonder of wonders. This verse speaks!

More in a moment. Moving to my study and getting dressed.

227 I've lost eight pounds. Thirty or so to go. 

(Garden image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC. August 2014. Norfolk Botanical Garden.)



16b713b7-abb0-4dc4-b540-1ced622d37d5.jpg

Blessings Counted Journaling and Bible Journaling (Aug.20.2014d.)

2014-08-20 09:39:00, Wed.

I took some time to do some more research to see if I could find more answers as to what B and I should do. 

TIME WITH GOD AND THE WORD
228 ALL of Psalm 18 is a blessing. Look it up immediately if you're reading this. 

I just printed out Psalm 18 NLT. I think this is for B and me to pray as we're dealing with what we are--and having to make a decision. 

I've read it once. Now, I'm re-reading to find the key verses for me/us to focus on... 

Psalm 18:1-3 New Living Translation (NLT)

For the choir director: A psalm of David, the servant of the Lord. He sang this song to the Lord on the day the Lord rescued him from all his enemies and from Saul. He sang:

I love you, Lord;
    you are my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
    my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
    and my place of safety.
I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
    and he saved me from my enemies.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Psalm 18:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

But in my distress I cried out to the Lord;
    yes, I prayed to my God for help.
He heard me from his sanctuary;
    my cry to him reached his ears.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Psalm 18:16-28 New Living Translation (NLT)

16 He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
    he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemies,
    from those who hated me and were too strong for me.
18 They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress,
    but the Lord supported me.
19 He led me to a place of safety;
    he rescued me because he delights in me.
20 The Lord rewarded me for doing right;
    he restored me because of my innocence.
21 For I have kept the ways of the Lord;
    I have not turned from my God to follow evil.
22 I have followed all his regulations;
    I have never abandoned his decrees.
23 I am blameless before God;
    I have kept myself from sin.
24 The Lord rewarded me for doing right.
    He has seen my innocence.
25 To the faithful you show yourself faithful;
    to those with integrity you show integrity.
26 To the pure you show yourself pure,
    but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd.
27 You rescue the humble,
    but you humiliate the proud.
28 You light a lamp for me.
    The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Psalm 18:30-34 New Living Translation (NLT)

30 God’s way is perfect.
    All the Lord’s promises prove true.
    He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
31 For who is God except the Lord?
    Who but our God is a solid rock?
32 God arms me with strength,
    and he makes my way perfect.
33 He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
    enabling me to stand on mountain heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
    he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Psalm 18:46 New Living Translation (NLT)

46 The Lord lives! Praise to my Rock!
    May the God of my salvation be exalted!
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Amen and amen! 

229 All of the verses I just listed.  I praise You, Lord, and thank You for them. I think I want to hang out in these verses for a while today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment