Wednesday, September 14, 2016

This Time of Year: A Time of Reflection




This time of year makes me very reflective. I am not sure why, but it does. 

Is it because another birthday has passed?

Is it because of Fall and the changing of the seasons?

Is it because Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year are approaching?

Is it because I associate Fall with giving thanks?

Is it because on September 26, 2015, we put our cat Kara to sleep?

Is it because of the second round of IVF failure that happened at this time of year?

Is it because I started using my favorite online journaling program, Penzu, at this time of year?

Is it because I started reading ONE THOUSAND GIFTS by Ann Voskamp?

Or, is it because of all of the above?

What is it that makes me reflective at this time of year? It is because of all of the above indeed. I have no doubt. 

Life is rarely about the "or" situations, but is about the "and" situations. 

Hence, I am going to focus on writing and journaling about this:

"A Way of Life: The Faithful Trio of Prayer, Bible, and Thanks"

This is my spiritual memoir told through journal entries. 

(Written on September 13, 2016 in the evening.)

No comments:

Post a Comment