Thursday, September 4, 2014

Writing and Journaling Tips and Hints {Writing Notebook and Journaling}

Writing and Journaling Tips and Hints {Writing Notebook and Journaling}

2014-09-04 09:44:28

COMPUTERS!$%#$@%@
For the last month, I've had the problem of running out of space on my PC. It's from back in 2010, and I've written a great deal and taken thousands upon thousands of photos. Never mind all of my journaling. However, I've taken essentially all of it off of my PC and even all of the nonessential programs and I'm still having issues. 

Ugh. It's a writers' and photographers' biggest headache, let me tell you. 

I have been able to figure out how to save everything down online, though, so if the computer needs to be dumped, or I need to get a new one, I'm set. My stuff is mostly protected.

So, I'm using my tablet. Thank God for it. It's my Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9-inch, can take it with me everywhere and anywhere tablet that I absolutely adore. 

So, yesterday, decided to see if I wanted to pursue one book angle. Using my fancy-smancy online writing programs--and they didn't work! Ugh. Big ugh. Another ugh. Do I need to stress that--UgH! Frown. 

I'm trying to avoid apps because I don't want to rely on apps. I would rather be able to access whatever I'm writing and journaling from the web alone. So, online programs, emails, and the cloud is the bomb and fits well into my needs.

However...

But, Penzu.com continues to be my digital/online/cloud journaling and writing rock--thank God. (Bravo Penzu!!! Again, shameless plug. you can get the free version--which is fabulous. Or, you can get a fancier version, the $19 per year version--plus discount at the link in my previous blog post.)

So, a major blessing to count right now is Penzu.com (Blessing 728).

I've decided to do all of my rough draft writing in Penzu.com and be done with it. Period. It saves the hassle and the headache--and I know my work is saved--period. End of story. No worries. No space taken up on my pc, tablet, or external hard drive. Easy-breezy. (Love it. Again, it's a MAJOR blessing. It's noticed--and has been the last couple of weeks, particularly the last couple of days.) 

The truth is, I've written hundreds of books, some partials and some full-length books. Learning over the last two months that Penzu is the program to use, I wish I would have figured it out years ago. It would have saved a lot of headache and frustration. 

Moreover, I try to save multiple versions of each book as I write it, so I have copyright proof and justification if I ever have to call out copyright infringement on someone, so knowing about Penzu makes all of the difference. I can save as much as I want and not worry about losing my writing. (Whew.)

Why am I writing about this? Because it's a major victory after a string of computer and online frustrations to figure this out and have a solution--once and for all--no matter what computer, tablet, or cell I use--from anywhere in the world and at any time. Yes. This is a major relief.

I say all of this to share with you journalkeepers and writers so you can save yourself the frustration of dealing with all of the problems I have through the years, as well as in the last two weeks in particular. 

#WritingProgram #HowIWrite #Writing #WritingTipsAndHints #JournalingTipsAndHints #Journaling #WritingFiction #RYPStories #RYPJournaling #Journalkeeper #Journalkeeping #HowToWrite #WritingResource 

No comments:

Post a Comment