Tuesday, September 2, 2014

SD Personal Prayer, Blessings, and Bible Journal (Sept.02.2014.Tues.)

2014-09-02 06:43:22

******* NOTE TO READER
Please note that even in my personal journaling, I will add tidbits for you of how and what to journal, journaling tips, Bible readings and verses you can reflect on, and tidbits of how to write and how to write fiction in particular. Also, as I count my blessings, I can inspire you and give you ideas of your own to count. Therefore, my personal journaling can be quite enlightening. Skip reading it at your own peril. (Grinning.)

MORNING PRAYER
Good morning, Lord. Thank You for this new day, new month, new week, new year, new decade, and for the upcoming day, week, month, year, and decade (blessings 695-704). The past (almost) four decades of my life have been opportunities to bring You glory and be with You, where I try to live Your will and purpose each day. I pray this for the next four plus decades (if it is Your will). I pray for Your guidance today as I hope to draw nearer to You than my every yesterday and help me to see Your blessings, Your glory, Your work. Use me as Your vessel, Lord. Help my every thought, feeling, action, word be of You alone. Thank You for the opportunities and gifts of this day (705). To You alone be the glory. 

JOURNALING PROMPT OR THEME OF THE DAY
Why has God given me this day? He has me alive for a reason and a purpose. He has equipped me with certain abilities and experiences in order to accomplish something(s) today. I will search for it/them all day long and will try to live it.

Also:
What blessings will He share with me today, directly and indirectly? I will search for them all day.

BIBLE READING
I need to read my readings from Friday through today. It looks like I need to read Psalms 126-139 and 1 Corinthians 10:19-13. 

Psalm 126:3 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

The Lord had done great things for us;
we were joyful.

Amen! This is why we should count our blessings. He really has done great things for you and me. 

Journaling Prompt: What great things has He done throughout your life? List each of them and count them as blessings. 

Journaling Prompt: What great things will He do in your life today? 

Lord, every day is a blessing knowing You and being with You. (707. 708.)

2014-09-02 08:12:37

BLESSINGS COUNTED LIST
709 B and I enjoyed hanging out this morning for a few minutes before he went to work. Had coffee, planned, and dreamed.

710 Thank You, for the four-day weekend B had.

711 Shelly basked for the first time on her new basking platform last night. 

712 Tuesday morning coffee.

713 A snuggling beagle, Mr. Zack.

714 My new e-book Bible. 

715 Abba, thank You in advance for using B today, which I know You will. 

716 I am grateful in advance for You giving B and me guidance today, throughout the day and night. 

717 B and I got caught up with laundry last night.

BIBLE READING
2014-09-02 08:19:35

I just read through Psalm 139. Thank You, Jesus. (718)

No comments:

Post a Comment