Saturday, September 6, 2014

Faith and My Writing Prayer, Notebook, and Journaling

Faith and My Writing Prayer, Notebook, and Journaling
September 05, 2014, 1256 p.m., Friday
Prayer Journal, Writing Notebook and Journaling, Bible Journaling, 

Lord, what do YOU want me to write? Please guide me. I want to do nothing but Your will. I want every word I capture on the page to be Your words, not mine. Your will, not mine. 

1 Corinthians 12:9a keeps coming to mind... 

1 Corinthians 12:4-11 The Message (MSG)

4-11 God’s various gifts are handed out everywhere; but they all originate in God’s Spirit. God’s various ministries are carried out everywhere; but they all originate in God’s Spirit. God’s various expressions of power are in action everywhere; but God himself is behind it all. Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits. All kinds of things are handed out by the Spirit, and to all kinds of people! The variety is wonderful:
wise counsel
clear understanding
simple trust
healing the sick
miraculous acts
proclamation
distinguishing between spirits
tongues
interpretation of tongues.
All these gifts have a common origin, but are handed out one by one by the one Spirit of God. He decides who gets what, and when.
The Message (MSG)
Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson.

1 Corinthians 12:9 Names of God Bible (NOG)

To another person the same Spirit gives courageous faith. To another person the same Spirit gives the ability to heal.
Names of God Bible (NOG)
The Names of God Bible (without notes) © 2011 by Baker Publishing Group.

The word of FAITH in 1 Corinthians 12:9a can be studied here:
http://biblehub.com/greek/4102.htm

I am swept away all the more now. 

The Gift of faith, as the previous version says, a courageous faith, was given to me by God. 

Why me and not someone else? I sure don't deserve it. I am quite unworthy. I am a simpleton, a nobody. 

But, isn't that why it's a gift? It's a blessings, a way God shows me His favor. He has given it to me not because of anything I've done or haven't done. 

It doesn't escape me how He has given this gift to others. It's not just me. But, He's given this gift to me because He has a reason. He has a plan. 

What does any of this have to do with my writing? I'm not sure. I just keep feeling pulled to this verse--like I need to study it and then I will receive the answers I seek regarding my writing. So, I am. Let's see... Back to studying 1 Corinthians 12:9a. Be right back.

Have Your way with me and my writing, Abba. In the name of Jesus Christ, use me and my writing as Your vessel. I am yours. And so is my writing. 

 Huh! Look at this:

Romans 12:3 Expanded Bible (EXB)

Because God has given me ·a special gift [his grace], I have something to say to everyone among you. Do not think you are better than you are. [Instead] You must ·decide what you really are [think sensibly; think with sober discernment] ·by [based on; in accordance with] the amount of faith God has given you.
Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

Look at the last part of the verse in particular. 

God has given us the amount of faith we have. 

Romans 12:3 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

For by the grace given to me, I tell everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he should think. Instead, think sensibly, as God has distributed a measure of faith to each one.

So, what happens, or what does it mean, when someone doesn't have a lot of faith? 

I'm not sure if I put the previous verses, plus this one, together or now until now. Interesting. Look at this next verse:

Ephesians 2:8-9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation

Faith is a gift of God. 

Okay... So, what about those who don't believe? What does this mean for and about them? 

Faith is given as a gift by God. 

God, so where are we going with this? What does the gift of faith mean to me today? Why have You shared this with me today--not someone else--and why now--and how have You equipped me for this today?

And, Abba, what do you want me to write? 

Guide me. Help me to hear You and to respond accordingly and immediately. 

Huh. Blank. I'm coming up blank. Not hearing You. Are You saying it isn't time? I will wait. I will continue to study Your Word and pray in the meanwhile. 

And, what books do I have about the Bible and faith? 

No comments:

Post a Comment