Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My Writing Notebook and Journaling

My Writing Notebook and Journaling

2014-09-03 09:40:00, Wednesday

For years I've written this and that, more of this at times, and more of that at others. I haven't committed to anything, but rather have tried a bit of everything. (I hope you hear, and can deduce, the problems with this style of writing.)

Hah! I just re-read what I wrote: style of writing. Style? What style? 

I write until the next great idea comes along. I'm a quitter. I get swept up in the grandiosity of the new idea. I get pumped about it. I guess I'm a new idea adrenalin junkie. 

I want to stop. 

I'm an addict. I have a problem and need to confess to my problem. 

There is no doubt I've driven previous audiences and readers mad as I start to write a brilliant idea--then stop. Halt. Come to a screeching, crashing stop into a brick wall and justify it with a new, more fresh and brilliant idea. Oh, how many times I've said, "This is it!"

Is it time for me to finally grow up in my writing life? Is it time for me to commit to a project from beginning to end? (Those are rhetorical questions as, alas, the answer is a screaming yes. And, I don't blame you if you shake your head up and down with great enthusiasm.)

I have two brilliant writing ideas in my mind right now. Both would be incredible books and series.

Sigh. So, now what?

Two days ago, I asked myself the question of: If I could write the ideal book, what would it be? I came up with my answer and it's brilliant. Then, yesterday, we got the news about the American journalist, the second one in two weeks, who was beheaded by the terrorists, ISIS. If I ask myself the question about what the ideal book and series for me to write now, it's changed from two days ago. 

The question is: Is it possible to combine them into one? Or, do I need to write one book and series and allow the other one to stew and simmer? 

Ugh. I just don't know. 

2014-09-03 10:06:01
 
I just went to grab a snack and step away from this for a moment as I tried to clear my mind. 
 
If I were to commit to writing a series of books, it could take me ten years or more. What do I want to commit to for ten years? This is the idea book and series. What do I want to commit to writing for ten years or so and marketing the rest of my life? This is the ideal book and series. 

Pardon me as I stare blankly at my tablet's screen. Do you hear crickets? I should...

What do I want to give my all to? 

How cna I bring God the msot glory through my writing? What would the book and series be? 

Combine all of these things and this would be the ideal book and series to commit to. 

Let me ponder this for a bit...  Lord, please guide me.

Doing the right thing, versus the easy thing. (Not sure why that just came to mind or why I typed it/journaled it Huh.)

The Online Blessings and Prayer Journaling Group. The OBAP Journaling Group. TOBAPJG. 

A blog collaboration of women and men who journal about whatever is on their hearts and minds (becuase God put it there) and they make sure each day to count their blessings and write out their prayers, along with their answered prayers. They share their journaling with one another and with others and pray for one another as well.  

They do this thing called life and help one another through it as they share their passion for giving thanks to God, prayer, and journaling. 

Each has a blog and they share their most profound journal entries with one another each day on their blog collaboration. People all over the world read their blog collaboration and personal blogs. Every six months, they add one more collaborator, one who's written a consistent blog to show their values and how they merge with the blog collaboration. Also, it's one whom they've ahd interaction with and have gotten to know. 

Some go to the same church, some live in the same city, and there are others from all around the country and world. It's a group of fourteen. The co-founders are: Kateri and Willa. The older collaborators and journaling coaches are: Emmeline, Hunter, Jillian, and Zane. The other collaborators are: Asher, Everly, Haley, Iris, Isabella, Max, Sawyer and Zoey. 

The collaboration started just before September Eleventh 2001 with Kateri and Willa. 

Willa's brother is the military.

Kateri's nephew is a missionary and pastor in Syria. 

No comments:

Post a Comment