Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Journal September 02, 2014

Writing and Personal Journaling September 02, 2014

2014-09-02 10:45:56, Tues.

MORE COMPUTER PROBLEMS
Yep. I'm having more computer issues. At this point, I need to chat with hubby about it. I've been trying to handle it on my own, which simply isnt working. (Drat.) I need to see if he can figure out what's going on.

Also, due to an error on my part, I lost lots of files. I misunderstood how my cloud storage worked. But, it's okay. I have it another way. But, truthfully, if I am honest with myself, the error might be the biggest blessing as I figure out how to save all of my information online. I've already started to re-think how I do business, so this isn't a total or devastating blow. I'm just frustrated that I didn't understand how a certain cloud storage worked. My bad. sigh. Live and learn. (There's always fine-print, isn't there?)

Now, I plan on doing and saving everything on Penzu.com, Yarny.me, and Shutterly.com. 

Wait. I need to figure something else out. Drat. Need to get on pc again.

Can I save all of my Amazon notes and highlights here on my tablet? That is the question. I just checked it out and tried it out on here--and nope. It doesn't. Sigh. So, I'm going to try something else. Give me a second... Trying a workaround. Well, it didn't work. I'll think on it more.

CONCLUSION ABOUT COMPUTER PROBLEMS
I think I'll need to get a laptop and a new wireless printer. I think that will solve most of my problems. I can then connect my laptop with my large screen when I want. Or... just a new pc. But, none is necessary right now. I can use my tablet most of the time and my pc periodically. 

TO DO
I will need to see if I can figure out an alternative to MS Word for the setting up of my books to publish. It will need to have a TABLE OF CONTENTS feature so I can set up my e

CONCLUSION #2
I think all of this is meant to be a distraction from what is important. So, I will stop allowing it to do so as of right now. 

Hah! Fancy words. I just got sidetracked again, trying to figure out how to format books as I write them. Just figured out formatting is for later. Write first. Then edit and format. 

Now, I will try to stop allowing all of the distractions. First, I need some lunch. then, I will start my Bible study on Esther that I am to do today. Then, I'll get working on writing my new book. (2014-09-02 11:23:55).

-*-*-*-

Esther Bible Study Day 2 (Sep.02.2014.)

2014-09-02 11:28:28

{Before I begin, I need to go grab a snack. Hang on. Yep. Grabbed a lunch of champions: peanut butter and jelly sandwich.}

ESTHER BIBLE STUDY
The Book of Esther Bible study I am doing is through an online ladies Bible study group called, Love God Greatly. Here's the link for the Week 1 of the Bible study: 


MORE COMPUTER ISSUES
Ugh. Just sent hubby an email about grocery list and about the problems I've been having with my PC. Now, Is tarted having problems with my tablet and the cutting and paste functions. But, I finally figured a workaround. Tried it. It worked. Now, my tablet isn't having any problems at all. Yep. I'm convinced everything is meant to be a distraction to stop me from what I'm really supposed to do today. Well, I won't let it work. I choose to make the most of everything--starting now.  

ESTHER DAY 2, WEEK 1
Today's Reading is: Esther 1:5-8; Matthew 4:8-9
Memory Verse is Matthew 6:20.

Matthew 6:20 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

20 But collect for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves don’t break in and steal.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved. (Blessing 719).

Esther 1:5-8 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

When those days were over, the king held a banquet lasting seven days. This banquet was held in the enclosed garden of the king’s palace for all people in the fortress of Susa, whatever their rank.
The garden had white and violet linen curtains. These curtains were attached to silver rods and marble pillars by cords made of white and purple fine linen. Gold and silver couches were on a mosaic pavement of purple rock, white marble, pearl-like stone, and black marble. People drank from golden cups. No two cups were alike. The king also provided plenty of royal wine out of his royal generosity. The drinking followed this rule: Drink as you please. (The king had ordered all the waiters in his palace to let everyone do as he pleased.)
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group. (720)

Matthew 4:8-9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Again, the devil *took Him to a very high mountain and *showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory; and he said to Him, “All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me.”
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. (721)

What do I value? What do I value most? Is it all about what I have? Or, is it alla bout what I do? Or, is it all about God? How does my schedule and my life reflect these answers? These are the questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment