Friday, September 5, 2014

Writing Notebook and Journaling: What Am I Supposed to Write? (Round 3, I think.)

Writing Notebook and Journaling: What Am I Supposed to Write? (Round 3, I think.) 

2014-09-05 11:42:50, Friday

This passage and verse has brought my writing to a screeching halt once again. (Sigh, but also cheering.)

1 Corinthians 12:7-10 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

A demonstration of the Spirit is given to each person to produce what is beneficial:
to one is given a message of wisdom
through the Spirit,
to another, a message of knowledge
by the same Spirit,
to another, faith by the same Spirit,
to another, gifts of healing by the one Spirit,
10 to another, the performing of miracles,
to another, prophecy,
to another, distinguishing between spirits,
to another, different kinds of languages,
to another, interpretation of languages.

1 Corinthians 12:9 and the part about 'Faith' is what has my attention. It's grabbed me and won't let go. 

What if I'm not supposed to write fiction? Is fiction meant to be a distraction? Can I write the same stories, but as nonfiction? Or, is this very line of though a distraction?

Ugh. Let me try to express my questions and concerns in another way:

PRAYER
Lord, what do YOU want me to write?

More specifically, what blog post series, what book or book series, do YOU want me to write? What is Your purpose? I do not want to write one word that isn't Yours.  

Journaling is my greatest strength and is who I am. 

Okay, I'm not sure why I wrote the last sentence, but something told me to do so. Therefore, I did. 

Am I supposed to write letters to God?

Am I supposed to write letters to God about my concerns?

Am I supposed to write letters to God about my concerns about our nation, the Church in the USA, politics, the Church as a whole, the Middle East, and the world? 

Or, Lord, do You have something else in mind? 

The easy way keeps coming to mind as well.

As does faith.

How do you develop a faith in spite of everything I just mentioned? That's another idea.

I cannot help but think of several conversations I've had with Granny about how we cannot imagine what it's like to live in our world and not have faith in God and in Jesus Christ. Life is tough enough. How can anyone live without faith? 

Does any of this resonate? Is any of this what I'm supposed to write?

2 comments:

  1. Just keep on doing what you're doing...your questions will be answered. Don't ask why, just do what you're doing. God is giving you your pen!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete