Thursday, October 1, 2015

No "Bambi" but Cancer Kitty is Alright

Looking back, it rather amazes me that I wasn't a major wreck every day of the last year. You see... It's a good thing we didn't have kids. If we did, I cannot handle watching the movie "Bambi" or even "Dumbo." After all, they make me too emotional. As a matter of fact, I have never watched or read "Old Yeller" or "Where the Red Fern Grows." And, don't even get me started on watching the movie "Warhorse."
When I was three years old, my parents took me to see one of the "Love Bug" movies and when Herbie got sawed in half, I became so hysterical they almost had to take me out of the theater for the scene I caused.
Thank the Lord I have never accidentally run over a critter, or you might need to tranquilize me (slight exaggeration, but not much).
So, I am not emotionally mature enough to handle tragedy with animals.
Normally.
Cancer kitty changed everything for me.
It didn't matter if I could handle it or not, for Kara, I had to. I know how animals pick up on our emotions, and I wasn't about to scare her or upset her. The last thing she ever needed was additional stress.
I was able to remain strong and determined to walk with Kara through her cancers and didn't hesitate to do so. She was worth it and even after everything, I would do it all again and again. She deserved no less and it was easy to support her. She was so special and precious, such a blessing, we were not about to let her down in any way.
I think a lot of prayer helped me stand strong with and for Kara, as I remained by her side.

No comments:

Post a Comment