Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A Daily Thought, Prayer, and Thanks Offering, Plus What I Miss (09/30/2015b)

Yesterday I woke up with this thought, prayer, and thanks offering:
"Lord, thank You for this day. It's an opportunity to remember Kara and to count the blessings of her."
Today I want to live this way, but am having difficulty.
It is now day four without the presence and purr of Kara.
I miss wrapping my arms around her for a hug as she vibrated with purrs.
I miss kissing her forehead and her holding her head up higher so I could. Then, she would close her eyes for a second as she made a burst of purr. She would be so content afterward.
I miss her turning her back to me so we could play the tail game where she would glance back at me to see where I was and then would smack me with her tail. I was expected to tap on her tail and she would smack me again with her tail. She would purr and glance back at me to make sure I would continue to tap her tail after she smacked me with her tail again. She thought it was quite the thrilling game. I would laugh and she would tease me with her tail. The more I laughed, the more she smacked me with her white tipped and dotted tail. And the more I laughed--touched and delighted by her spunk and playfulness.
I miss how she looked up at us with a look that said how much she loved us and adored us. And the look said she counted her blessings as well.
Isn't that how we are supposed to look at the Lord?
I miss her coming to say hi to me throughout the day and miss how whenever took a break, I would go see her and check on her.
What I will never miss is the fear I had every time I checked on her as I wondered if this was the last time before she started to show signs of suffering. That fear for the last year was difficult at best.
However, her purr and excitement when I did check on her never ceased to touch me deeply. She loved those stolen moments, as did I.

No comments:

Post a Comment