Wednesday, September 30, 2015

NaJoWriMo and October

October is National Journal Writing Month. It's a month where journal keepers focus on journaling even more than usual. In other words, it's a month of concentrated journaling. I committed to it, and signed up for it, about a month ago and wasn't sure what I wanted to focus on in my journaling during the month. However, I kept sensing the Lord would make it quite obvious. I just needed to wait and see.
Well, on Saturday as we waited in the waiting room at CSU Vet Teaching Hospital, after we found out Kara's lungs were riddled with cancer and we made the hard decision, I realized she was my journaling focus for October and then for November and National Novel Writing Month. {Again, NaNoWriMo is for fiction mainly, but nonfiction is acceptable. The only commitment is to write 50,000 words in November.} I had no doubt Kara, memories of her, and life and faith lessons learned from her should be my focus.
I will make 50,000 words my goal for October as well. {We shall see.} I will not count the words written the last couple of days. So, at the end of today, or at the start of tomorrow, I will count the words I wrote and add 50,000 to those. I will do the same at the end of this month in preparation for NaNoWriMo.
Tonight or tomorrow I will make a list of memories and lessons I want to get down on the page before they are forgotten. I will then expand the list throughout the next couple of months and will then write the story of each memory, along with the lessons learned from our cancer kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment