Saturday, March 21, 2015

My Personal Prayer Journaling on Saturday March 21, 2015. S.O.A.P. of Jeremiah 17:7-8




​Jeremiah 17:7-8 is the verse of the day at https://www.biblegateway.com. I found it in my email this morning before I even got out of bed. It brought me peace and joy at once and it made me ponder. 

*~*
Jeremiah 17:7-8 New Living Translation (NLT)
7 “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord
and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
8 They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
with roots that reach deep into the water.
Such trees are not bothered by the heat
or worried by long months of drought.
Their leaves stay green,
and they never stop producing fruit.
-- New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
*~*

The passage is one I needed to read and apply immediately--and still is a couple of hours later. These scripture verses are a life-changer, if read, pondered, prayed, applied, and reviewed.

I cannot help but wonder how different my life would be if I applied these verses every moment of every day.

Also, how different would our world be if others did the same. If the world lived these verses, we would find the peace everyone seeks.

Now... SOAP:

Scripture:
If I trust in God, I will be blessed.
Pause.
I allow that truth to sink in deeply and think on it for a moment, realizing if I spent every moment for the rest of my life, I would be able to glean more and more. It is a passage I could meditate on the rest of my life.

Observation:
Isn't this the life every person seeks?
The Jeremiah 17:7-8 life...
Yes. I will meditate, ponder, think, and pray on these things.
Trust in the Lord my God... How do I do that exactly?
I turn to the original Hebrew meaning of TRUSTS, and find this:
It infers we are to trust in God boldly. Firmly. Without question or hesitation. 
Do I trust the Lord in this manner?
How much do I trust the Lord, really? 
My husband and I are in the waiting room right now, waiting for God to guide and organize our steps. We are waiting for instruction and answers. We know they will come. It's just... when? How? What does He expect of us as we wait and sit in the waiting room? How can we trust fully, boldly, with confidence, and not waiver? 

Will be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment