Thursday, March 19, 2015

My Personal Prayer Journaling on Thursday, March 19, 2015



A new goal of this blog is to share news headlines about terrorism and the Christian Holocaust. I will share links and articles throughout the day.

Hence, this RYP Stories blog will have multiple daily posts. Be warned. I will keep you informed and give you things to think on and pray about.

I will try to put all of my personal daily prayer journaling into one blog post in an effort to cut down on the amount of blog posts I post daily. Therefore, I will put this " ~*~*~*~*~" to mark divisions between thoughts or journal entries.

~*~*~*~*~
How I Woke Today

I have come to appreciate waking slowly. I used to be the type where the moment my eyes opened, I was off to the races and I got more done before ten in the morning than most got done by five p.m. I have come to a new appreciation, thanks to my husband's wisdom, of moving more slowly. I try to appreciate and savor the moments throughout my day and that includes when I wake up.

God and prayer should be my first focus.

Then, I check off all my new emails as read and I scan them for anything I need to respond to.

Next, I scan the news.

Have I mentioned lately how I love technology and my cell and Amazon Kindle Fire tablet? For, I do all of this before I step off the bed.

Today's scan of my emails caught my attention immediately when I came across the latest Ann Voskamp, A Holy Experience, email and her blog post. I immediately sent it to my RYP Stories blog, which you can read here, if you haven't already:

http://www.aholyexperience.com/2015/03/journey-thr...

I will re-read it several times in the upcoming days and weeks. It moved me.

It moved me to do an internet search and I found Christianity Today, World News, tab or website and found several articles about the Christian Holocaust and what the terrorists are doing to Christians and Christian holy sites.

{A news source I recommend now. They are talking about terrorism and the Church... never mind the Christian Holocaust. Check it out throughout your day every day. I know I will:
http://www.christiantoday.com/world}

And... it caught my attention. How could any of this not? I am now in a funk. I am heavy hearted. Moved. Changed. Furious. Saddened. Emboldened.

Dazed.

Then, I remembered today's date and everything that happened... I, then, understood more of my funk. (See below.)
~*~*~*~*~

Anniversary
Twelve years ago today we're two significant events in my life. I cannot help but reflect on them today.

1 The Colorado blizzard of 2003

But, far more importantly:

2 The start of the War Against Terror in Iraq

What I find interesting is how no news source I have looked at today have mentioned the war's anniversary.
~*~*~*~*~

ISIS got its start because we pulled out of Iraq too soon.

And, it has brought out a new holocaust... not just on Christians... But rather, on anyone who does not believe in the ideology of the terrorists. Christians. Jews. Fellow Muslims even. No one is exempt. If you do not believe like they do, you are their enemy and they want to either convert you or murder you.

That is the bottom line. Period.
~*~*~*~*~

Our God is Bigger and Needs No Defense

As I woke today, I read about the terrorists destroying ancient Christian sites in the Middle East, in Iraq and Syria in particular. It breaks my heart and brings me to pray.

I refuse to mourn for what was lost.

Our God, the One True God, Jehovah, Father of Jesus Christ, is Bigger. Far bigger, more knowledgeable, more powerful, higher than any other god. He needs no one to defend Him. He can stand easily on His own.

The truth of the matter is God and Jesus Christ cannot be erased or destroyed.

Christianity cannot be demolished, nor our history. Both Christians and history will exist even if all buildings and texts are destroyed. As a matter of fact, Christianity will thrive, for we will be resolved and our faith will grow and deepen.

Our faith is far more than buildings band texts.

Jesus Christ is alive. And, He will return.

Any questions?
~*~*~*~*~

My God is Far More Powerful

I have said this before, but think I need to journal it again:

God does not need me to stand up for Him. He is powerful enough to stand on His own.
My God does not ask me to die for Him.

This being said, I may die because of my faith in Him.

He is Bigger, more powerful, more knowing than all the gods put together.

If all Christians were killed, God would stand just fine on His own. He will destroy all evil.
~*~*~*~*~

How is my faith and life in Jesus Christ today? This I will ponder and pray about.
~*~*~*~*~

Blessings,
--Stacy Duplease

Email:
agodlyvision@gmail.com
rememberingyourpresent@gmail.com
Blogs:
http://rypstories.blogspot.com
Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HDX Tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment