Wednesday, March 18, 2015

How I want to live

A devotional and personal prayer journaling:

I want to allow the Bible, verse by verse, to sink as deeply into my heart and mind as possible. I want to listen fully to You, Lord, and learn everything You want me to from each verse. I do not want to read a word and then move on. I do not want to rush the process. I want to pray the Word and meditate on it literally day and night.

Lord, teach me to do all these things.

Lord, what do You want me to learn from the following verse?

Philippians 4:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Pray about everything. Every-thing. Meaning without exception. There is nothing I should fail to bring to You, Lord.

And, always thank You for what You have done.

Philippians 4:6 Expanded Bible (EXB)

Do not ·worry [be anxious] about anything, but pray and ·ask God for everything you need [or make your requests known to God], always giving thanks.
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

Lord, teach me how to live this verse. Fully. Truly. Deeply. All the time. Without stopping. Help me make this verse the way I live... the way I choose to live my life. And, help me to actually do it and live it. 

Oh, how this is my heart's desire. Guide me, teach me, show me how, God.

Pray about everything... always giving thanks, Father, for what You have done. Everything. Always. Never stopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment