Sunday, March 15, 2015

My life of prayer and blessing

My prayer journaling about Philippians 4:6:

Lord, thank You for so patiently, and thoroughly, teaching me about this verse:

Philippians 4:6 GOD'S WORD Translation (GW)
6 Never worry about anything. But in every situation let God know what you need in prayers and requests while giving thanks.
GOD'S WORD Translation (GW)
Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group

What I find interesting about Your Word, Lord, is how it takes on far more depth and meaning each time I read it. Philippians 4:6 is a prime example of this. I have read it repeatedly over the last two plus decades, for it is one of my favorites and is one I try to keep in mind and apply (live by). And I can honestly say that the verse means more to me, as far as my understanding, today than it ever has. The beauty is I know how with Your living Word, I will be able to say the same with this verse for the rest of my life. (This also shows why it is so important to be in the Bible and stay in the Bible through reading it repeatedly).

Thank You for this lesson and reminder, Lord. Thank You for the beauty of Your Word.

How is it best to live each day, in every moment? The answer is found here:

Philippians 4:6 New Living Translation (NLT)
6 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

I wish I lived this verse a great deal more than I do. I wished it became a true way of life and living. If I did, I would truly practice His presence and live in never-ending, unceasing prayer. My life would be a prayer of thanks and blessing.

Wow. Wonder of wonders.

Pause.

I am going to sit here for a moment and allow this to sink in more fully and thoroughly. I do not want to rush this moment.

Hah! I just realized the blog name You gave me: A Life of Thanks. A life of prayer and thanks. Philippians 4:6 comes around full circle and the meaning grows deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment