Thursday, March 19, 2015

Living Philippians 4:6 Today

Personal prayer journaling

Lord, You know me and worrying. It is something I have always struggled with and is something I try to stop. You have taught me that worrying is also thinking about something more than once, something that tends to dwell in my thoughts, when I should be praying, being open to You, counting my blessings, and thinking of You.

Philippians 4:6New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Lord, You know how my life is in... What is the Word? Not in upheaval... In flux? Yes. My life is in the waiting mode. My husband, whom I will call B, and I are waiting for answers. We moved and are awaiting a job and house to open up and this is a little unnerving. Scratch that. Or could be. If I think about this, waiting for the stars to align so to speak, my heart starts to pound and I start to feel uneasy. Then, I remember Who is really in control, Who has perfect timing, and Who has a perfect plan. That is all I need to remember and then I stop worrying. You are perfect and infinite. You know best.

You have never once failed me. Your timing and plan are usually, okay--always, different from mine, but have always been for the best. So, I do not worry about job or house. I do not need to, for You have it. You are in control. You are capable. You know so much more than I. To YOU be the glory. Use us, Lord, for Your will.

I am not worried overall and am absolutely confident in You and Your perfect plan. Thank You, Lord, for bringing me to this point.

Help me, Lord, to pray for and about everything as I also count my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment