Saturday, August 16, 2014

Blessings Journaling: Today's List Part 2 (Aug.16.2014f.)




Blessings Journaling: Today's List Part 2 (Aug.16.2014f.) 

2014-08-16 18:33:00, Sat. 

I am grateful and thankful for these blessings, Lord:

A quiet day.

Spaghetti, sauce, and parmesan cheese. (Yum!)

'Homemade' iced coffee with a packet of sugar substitute and some cream. This is my new indulgence. I make a coffee pod, with six ounces of water rather than my usual ten ounces. It's important to start with strong coffee so the ice doesn't water the mixture down too much.

The health benefits of coffee: help decrease different types of cancer and dementia and Alzheimer's, which run in my family. Also is a diuretic. Helps decrease chance of developing diabetes, which also runs in my family.

Ice water. It's nice and refreshing. 

Allergy medicine. 

The television show, 24, with Kiefer Sutherland on Fox. Hubby and I are about to finish season five of our summer 24 marathon. It's a show that keeps us on the edge of our seats, that's for sure. 

Zack tri-colored Beagle is snuggling again. I don't think I've ever tired of that or ever will. The older he gets, the more I'm reminded he won't always be around... Sigh and sniff. But, the vet says he still has a few years left in him. (I sure hope so.) 

The way Zack looks at me and depends on me, and loves me unconditionally, is the way I should look at and depend on God and show Him my loyalty and faithfulness. I can learn a great deal from him. 

Zack's vet and clinic. They have been phenomenal the last three years. 

Zack's medicines, which help him live a better quality of life.

Our currently antisocial cat, Sinan the orange Maine Coon. He is such a lover and is a laidback cat. He also is sensitive to our emotions (my husband's, Zack's, and mine). He's also protective of us. 

Sinan snuggled with us a couple of times last night. Love it when he does that. 

Air conditioning on hot, humid days.

My favorite coffee mug. It is quite a bright spot every time I use it and see it. It's an iced blue color with a hint of green. It's a light turquoise. (However, I might need to make a slight confession of how I have several other favorites.) It somehow makes the coffee taste better. 

My husband's, B, and my vacation for the last ten days, plus tomorrow. 

For sunshine that warms the skin and infuses the body with vitamin D, which leads to better health and a slight tan (even when I use spf 50 sunscreen). It helps make moods and spirits better as well. 

A day of rest today, where I've been able to journal and hang out with You, Lord. I realize I don't do nearly enough of that. I should really make it a priority at least once a week. 

I know, Lord, You will get my mom a job. I pray that it will be sooner rather than later. Please, Lord. Have mercy on her. 

Ground Brats in a patty. I have to admit, I love their taste. The spices explode on my tongue, but aren't too much. They are subtle. Add some ketchup and it adds a pop of extra flavor to savor when mixed with the meat of the brats. Never mind how their smell is absolutely delightful.

2014-08-16 20:02:07

It's time to go deeper--in the here and now, but also is time to look at what has brought me here on my journey with You. 

Lord, how fortunate and what a blessing to know my life is in Your hands. You are in control. Nothing escapes Your notice and You have a plan. You have a perfect plan, as a matter of fact. 

Thank You that B didn't get bug spray in his eyes, nose, or mouth, when it's stream hit the house just right for it to splash back on his face. Thank You, Lord. 

For healing B's back, which is bothering him today. I thank You in advance. 

I also thank You in advance for a good night's sleep with plenty of rest. 

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC. August 2014. The Virginia Living Museum.)

No comments:

Post a Comment