Thursday, August 14, 2014

Taking a Journaling Vacation While on Vacation


Taking a Journaling Vacation While on Vacation

Aug. 14, 2014. Th. 824.a.m.

This last week or so, I've been on vacation from everything. Even journaling. (I cannot tell you the last few time I took a journaling break vacation.)

I've needed it, frankly, for a long while but didn't fully realize it or how much I craved it and needed it. After all, the last year and a half has been rough. The time has been full of blessings as well, thank God.

There are always sun and clouds. Both are part of this life. Both help bring perspective, maturity, and wisdom.

The rough times I'm talking about have been of the really rough variety. The blessings have been small and large and everything in-between. They have been numerous daily, though, when I actually stop, take account, and give God thanks.

So, this vacation has been a balm to the pain I try to bury through denial or food. Or, I think I've worked through it, but need to again and in a different way. Pain never fully disappears, however, we sure can turn it into something good, as God does. Pain can be a blessing. It helps us look at our lives more closely. Do we see more of the clouds or do we see sunshine and how the rain the clouds produced also created new, beautiful, blessed life? This is the question. Do we focus on the pain, the why, or the what-could've-should've-been--or do we focus on living the blessings throughout today?

This vacation has been a great blessing. It's helped me step back and forget about everything else for a while. It's been an escape. My husband, B, and I went to some places we've been to already, but we tried to explore them in different ways, with a fresh perspective set of eyes. And were blessed. We saw and experienced incredible things. We also went to new places, saw new things, and received fresh blessings. Oh, how we needed it.

Taking a vacation from my journaling was a major blessing. It is a wonderful reminder of how much I enjoy and need journaling. I am craving journaling, and have been, in a much deeper way. I need it. My journaling helps me draw near to the Lord, count my blessings, enjoy life even during the storm, and gives me a deeper and fresh perspective. It helps me live a much fuller life. It helps me to really enjoy life and living.

When was the last time you took a vacation from it all--work, housekeeping, writing, reading, journaling, art, music, etc.?

Once a year, take a break from your journaling. It will bless you.

That being said, at least four times a year, take a journaling retreat, where all you do is journal. Do this for a weekend, five days, seven days, and at least ten days but preferably fourteen.

Go on vacation. Your life just might depend on it and you will then be far more open to.look around and see all the blessings in your life, for you will be refreshed and revived and can see things clearer once again.

--Stacy Duplease
http://RYPJournaling.blogspot.com
Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HDX Tablet

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC August 2014.)

No comments:

Post a Comment