Friday, August 15, 2014

Prayer Journal and 40 (08.15.2014a)


Prayer Journal and 40 (08.15.2014a)

2014-08-15 12:39:56, Fri.

BEAUTY AND SIMPLICITY

It didn't go as we planned. But, it sure went how God did--and what a blessing. 

B and I slept in today and took our time getting started. We had breakfast at one of our favorite diners, then headed home. When we got home, we discovered the lawn people were here and had our driveway blocked. With how our house is situated, it meant we had time to kill because we couldn't pull in the driveway and it would be a pain for all involved to make them move. So, we went for a drive. We explored our city a little more. 

I love looking at houses as we drive by. It's when I wish walls could talk and cannot help but wish I knew their story. We found the older wealthy side of town, which the houses make me drool. But, they make me appreciate what I've got. The truth is even if I had 'll the money in the world, I wouldn't want one of those homes or a fancy car. I would want a simpler house out West and the vehicles we have now. 

This is a wonderful realization, once again, that I'm joyful. I don't need a fancy home or vehicle to make me feel fulfilled. Money cannot buy joy and the lack of it cannot steal joy. I'm content with the life I've got. Sure, I wish for more and different at times, but would that increase my joy? No. Being content where I am and with what and who I have increases my joy. 

We also drove down to the water's edge and went to a place where we've seen aquatic turtles before, along with all sorts of birds. We only saw two turtles, but did see three different types of seagulls and a white egret. Glories of God. Wonder. Beauty. (Things money and prestige cannot buy.)

It's in the beauty and glory of God's creation I find joy and the most contentment. It's in nature we can see the world through Pre-Fall eyes. We see the creative and loving side of God, the playful and deep side l, through nature and God's critters. 

This is what I want for my next forty plus years. More beauty, critter spotting, wonder, and sights of His creation. More of His glory. 

Life doesn't get any better or sweeter. 

To think, we would have missed all of that if the lawn guy wasn't here. 

Sure, at first, we sighed. Of course the lawn guy was blocking our way. How inconvenient. But, as quickly as those thoughts arose, B and I pushed them back. It gave us time to go and see what God wanted to share with us. It gave us time to explore and see new sights. It gave us time to hang out together and with the Lord.

We could have been upset and ranted and raved. But, we didn't. We know, and knew, God had something else in mind. We drove. We explored. We went to the water and enjoyed the bigger sky, the critters, and time to do nothing and just be. Glory. 

Critters and seeing the beauty of God's creation has always been high on my list. These are the moments when I have been, and am, the most me. Busyness and the world don't barge in and get in the way in these moments. Life at its purest and simplest is found in these times.

This is why I want a back porch in the house in which we retire and buy. I want to watch the birds, watch sunrises and sunsets, observe lightning storms. Drink coffee, have a meal, journal, read. These are some of my most memorable moments of the last forty years and I want to continue this with the next forty plus years.

Life simply doesn't get any better. 

Time with God and my best friend, observing the glory and wonder of God is the ideal life. Just being. No expectations. Simplicity. 

More isn't better. Less is. (Except when talking about the glory of God.)

Things don't make us joyful. God does. Moments doing nothing but hanging out with God are the best. This is enjoying life. This is living life to its fullest. 

Sure. I wish I had a kiddo. More than words can express. But, God has said no or not yet. (B and I both are infertile. Not just one. Both.)

I cannot help but think these moments might be sweeter with a kiddo. But, the truth is if I cannot enjoy my time fully with God alone, no one and nothing else could compare. 

I forever want more of Him, less of me.

THE BLESSING
The truth is it's been an honor to live the last forty years with the Lord. What a blessing. This is abundant living. It's being with Him, no matter when, where, with whom, or how. This is THE blessing of blessings. 

How fortunate it is we can be with God in the here and now, no matter the past. 

Living forty years with Him has been a supreme blessing. 

SUN AND CLOUDS
My last forty years have been full of sun and clouds. The good times and the not so good times. 

I've experienced more challenges than I can possibly count. I haven't had it easy. It has hardly been fair. God has trusted me with much.

I've messed up. I've made mistakes and stupid choices. I'm my own worst enemy at times. 

However, life means sunshine and clouds. Nothing remains stagnate. Things change. Except for God. He alone never changes. He is consistent. He alone is a rock and is steady. He is my strength.

Thank God.

Sun and clouds exist to point us to the Light, to the one and true God. 

BLESSINGS, GRATITUDE, AND THANKSGIVING
About a year ago, I found a way of life I wanted to start living. I started to live in this way, and have at times since, but I haven't been consistent. I want to live the following verses. 

 My life verses for the next forty years are:

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

16 Rejoice always!
17 Pray constantly.
18 Give thanks in everything,
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

I want to live these verses, and look for and enjoy His glory for the next four plus decades. This is life at its best. 

 #PRAYERJOURNALING #JOURNAL #JOURNALING #MEMOIR #THEBLESSINGOFTURNINGFORTY #40 #BIBLE 

No comments:

Post a Comment