Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 2014 Vacation


August 2014 Vacation

2014-08-14 14:21:08

WHAT I'VE DONE FOR VACATION
1 Historic Jamestown
2 The Virginia Living Museum (like a zoo)
3 Shirley and Berkeley Plantations
4 The Naval Boat tour of the Norfolk Naval Station. The Nauticus Museum. The U.S.S. Wisconsin.
5 Norfolk Botanical Garden
6 The Great Dismal Swamp
7 Drove around town and explored areas we haven't been before
8 Took it easy. Got back into journaling. 

This is why I took about 3,200 photos.

Most of the photos you see for the next year at least will be from this vacation. 

I had some unforgettable moments. They were glory sightings and were times of great blessing. I will journal a great deal more about each of these things in the days to come, but I will say this: saw wild turtles and dolphins, discovered a new type of bird in my backyard I have never seen before, and was inspired by flowers. 

I also know I'm forgetting several other memories, but they will come as I journal, look at the pictures, reflect, and talk with B about them. Hubby will remember things I don't or see them in a different way. This will help me remember and capture it on the page. 

It was one of the best vacations I've ever had. And I blame my journaling for this. I looked at everything through a journalkeeper's eyes, so I looked deeper into the moments and counted my blessings. 

So, as you can tell, my photography is with my cell phone, so the photos are good, but not great. And, I'm okay with that. Photos are meant to capture a memory, not perfection. 

It was rather nice doing the touristy things around home. We get so busy with the daily grind we forget to go see and experience the things near our house. In fact, there are a few things we didn't do I wish we could have. 

We were busy, but it was worthwhile and was certainly memorable.

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC. August 2014. The Virginia Living Museum.)

No comments:

Post a Comment