Monday, September 29, 2014

When Stuff Goes Wrong



When Stuff Goes Wrong

First, my computer started acting up and having problems with memory.

Then, the modem of my internet decided to die.

Then, my cat got sick and my elderly beagle couldn't hold his liquids inside any longer (even though he had recently been outside and he has a 12 hour bladder usually. We don't push it that long, but know it's what he can do)--both in the space of ten minutes.

Then, my computer died entirely.

Then, beagle had 'the issue' again three days later. Now, I think it's behavioral oriented and will watch him like a hawk and break him of the new disgusting habit. He's never done that before. (Ugh!) Spray bottle will be always in hand. 

Wait. He has dementia. Is he forgetting to go outside? Is it cognitive? (Hmm.) 

Isn't this the way things go? Never mind how several prayer requests I've had, the answer is: "Wait." Never mind how I'm still trying to figure out what I want to write when I grow up, so to speak. So, what now? What do you do when stuff seems to go haywire--and wrong? 

Prayer and getting into the Word of God (the Holy Bible) are my answers and it makes all of the difference. This is where I find His peace and joy. This is where I find true contentment.

I also count my blessings. This is the biggest help. (Phil. 4:6, but also Phil. 4:4-8.)

Philippians 4:4-8 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your graciousness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable—if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise—dwell on these things.

There are times I wonder if God will show me a little grace and throw me a little bone.

Then, I look around and see the wonder of His creation. Then, I read something really profound and inspirational in His Word. Then, I realize all of the things going well, in spite of the few things that aren't. Prayer (journaling), reading the Bible, and counting my blessings are a sure way to help me have a new perspective on things.

Shouldn't I be more surprised when I am able to overlook the things of this world and see God and His work and glory?  Shouldn't that be what I focus on--not on the stuff going wrong? 

Now, I will hush and get some real writing done. It will be the first in a week, so to speak. 

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC 2014.)

No comments:

Post a Comment