Friday, September 21, 2012

My Eclectic Writing Style #1



I have decided to do a blog post series of how I write. It is very uniquely me. I will call this series, "My Eclectic Writing Style."

Why am I writing it? 

In order to inspire other writers who are unique and are searching for their way of writing. And to share with you how I have made my dream come true over and over again. It's quite a blessing and I want to show how dreams can come true--through lots of prayer (particularly listening to the Lord), hard work, and a whole lotta faith. Anyone can make their dreams come true--repeatedly. 

I have a very unusual writing style. However, it is precisely that style which have led me to writing over 100 books in 10 years. (Yes. Novels of 80,000 words or more. Over 100.) I say this not to brag or impress, but as a fact so you know my style works--for me. 

Note: I said write. I did not say edit or publish. I have written over 100 books. (But, I have only had 27 ready for a publisher. The rest sit there--waiting for me to pick them up again one day, when and if the time is right.)

Another Note: I did not say how many books I stopped writing. There have been a couple hundred at least--not including the over 100 I just mentioned. I am not entirely sure of that number. 

So, what is My Eclectic Writing Style? How have I written so many books? How have I made my dream come true? 

MY ECLECTIC WRITING STYLE

Welcome to my story.

I will start with my present writing project, ROANOKE 1584-1590: THE FAMILY TREEZ OF THE USA SERIES, BOOK 1, and will tell you how I am writing it so you can get a feel. I will take you on the journey with me. I will also reflect on the past and share you what I have learned to do and not to do along the way. 

Every dream starts with a series of goals, which make the dream come true. The same is true with writing a novel.

Goal #1: My Main Goal
To write a story.

Goal #2:
To write the story God wants me to share, so He is given glory.

Goal #3:
To write a story and share it with others--in an effort to help them escape from the world for a little while.

Those are my three main goals. They really are that simple. 

Note: I did not say publish yet.

I never write with the intention of being published. Never. If it happens along the way, great. But, it is not my goal. Why? If it was, I would be prideful and think my writing deserved to be published. And, it becomes a matter of ME, MY writing, MY writing to be seen. No. That is not me at all. Rather, I write to bring God glory. This is my main intent. It is my main goal. 

If I write a story, I write to bring Him glory. If it does not get published, that is fine. It is about Him, not about me.

(Note: Please do not think for a moment I am criticizing anyone else who has published books. No. Not at all. It was their time and was part of their journey. Good for them! I also am not saying they are prideful. I was talking about me, myself, and I--no one else. I had no hidden meaning. Does this make sense?)

If I write a story, and it does not get published, it is the story I need to write as part of the process of preparing me to publish. I KNOW God wants me to be published. I have self-published a few books, but have let others go. The others were part of the process.

Every book I have written has brought me to today and the book I am writing now. This is always my focus. I would not be able to write the book today, if not for all the previous books. 

Goal 4:
Enjoy the process--and make memories.

Every time I write a book, I KNOW how blessed I am. There are so many whose dream is to write ONE. Hence, I make sure to enjoy the entire process of writing a book. It is a rare gem and I cherish and treasure the process. 

This is another reason why I am writing this book. I want to encourage the person who has never written one and wants to do so.

Also, I want to write this blog post series for the one who has written at least part of a book, or maybe several, but have not been published yet. 

So, what are your main goals? Why do you write?

(Image Credit: Microsoft Images Online)

Stacy Duplease
Historical Fiction Writer
The Family Treez of the USA Series
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Family Treez USA



No comments:

Post a Comment