Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ever have one of those days? What about weeks? What about months?: Writing with distractions


NOTE: This blog post is for readers and writers

Yeah... That's where I am at. The last 30 days have been something else. They have not been bad. I have just had a great deal on my plate and even more distractions.

I have a brand new schedule, which I must keep, if I plan on getting a novel of 210,000 words written, edited, and ready to publish for profit between now and 08 February 2013. That is when I am going to a writing conference. (No pressure, mind you.)

I do not know about you, but whenever I have a deadline, the distractions come pouring in and this month and week is no exception. My main distraction the last two weeks has been sleep. Or, maybe I should be more specific, the lack thereof. Some of it has been tossing and turning. Some of it has been my beagle waking and drinking a gallon of water so he then has to go outside because he drank too much, some of his has been prayer, some of it has been for worrying (then I remember that God's got whatever I am worrying about, some of it has been excitement over getting a new Kindle Fire HD 8.9-inch 4G tablet, and some of it has been--I cannot get this book out of my mind.

Well, my distraction today has been a lack of sleep. Again. 

I just had to take a two hour nap so I can function, let alone write. (I keep wondering if God is trying to prepare my husband and I for when we have  a baby one day--at our ages!) 

So... How do I get caught up after missing four hours of writing? (2 hours were spent trying to battle it out and failing.) I start to write like a madwoman. I do so free writing and essentially write like I do for NaNoWriMo. 

Aye. I am STILL so sleepy! 

(Image Credit: Microsoft Images Online)

Stacy Duplease
Historical Fiction Writer
The Family Treez of the USA Series
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Family Treez USA


No comments:

Post a Comment