Tuesday, November 11, 2014

VETERAN'S DAY 2014 AND A NEW BLESSINGS COUNTED CHALLENGE




HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY

Happy Veteran's Day to all who serve and have served.


Thank you, and your family, for your service.


We would not have the quality of life we do here in the United States of America if not for you. Thank you for protecting the freedoms most of us take for granted.


God bless you and the United States of America.


(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present 2008-2014.)


---------------


VETERAN'S DAY 2014 AND A NEW BLESSINGS COUNTED CHALLENGE

Written 2014-11-11 11:16:28, Tuesday

CHANGE AND A COURSE ADJUSTMENT
I find it quite interesting how even after forty years of living, and knowing the Blessings Giver, how much and how quickly things can change. This is what happened to me last night as I lied in bed and did a final cursory look at my email and I came upon a blog I absolutely adore and cherish, for it is because of the author, and the blog, I am a Blessings Counter. 
The change I experienced was because I read one sentence. Sometimes, that's all it takes. 
The change, actually, isn't as much of a change as a course adjustment. It's more like I'm headed in the correct direction, but my feet needed to adjust course by an inch or so. It's a course adjustment or fine-tuning, where I will see more and experience far more blessing because of it--and will be able to help you to do the same. 
The author of the blog and blog post is, as you might have guessed, Ann Voskamp, and the blog is A HOLY EXPERIENCE. 
Let me share the link with you now of the specific blog post:


Please read it and then continue to read this blog post or book chapter. (Thanks!)
Can you guess which sentence?
Hint: It's toward the bottom of the blog post and is highlighted in blue/turquoise.
Any guesses now? 
Yep. It's where Ann Voskamp shares how she is counting 1,000 Gifts/Blessings in one month. For her, it's during November. (How did I miss that? I read her blog every day.) The moment I read that, I realized I had to do it, too, starting today. The truth was, I already was, without even knowing it. 
And, yes. I HAD to do it. I felt immediately compelled. My spirit soared at the thought and I thought, "Count me in!" I wanted to immediately shout that out, but my husband was sleeping, so I held it inside. I pushed down the excitement, so I didn't wake him and so I could go to sleep. It worked. And, as I rolled over a couple of times in the night, I remember counting my blessings. I cannot remember what they were, but I know I did it. What a blessed way to wake. 
As Ann Voskamp pointed out, if you take 1000 divided by 30, that's a little over 33 blessings a day to count. 

A NEW BLESSINGS COUNTED CHALLENGE
1 THE DAILY CHALLENGE: As it is, I've challenged us to count on a normal day at least three blessings, each and every day of the year. 

2 END OF YEAR: Then, I said between now and the end of the year, let's count at least 10 (that's the End of the Year Blessings counted Challenge).

3 THANKSGIVING: I also added the Thanksgiving Blessings Counted Challenge, where we are counting 25 blessings between now and Thanksgiving. 

Now, I'm adding ANN VOSKAMP'S 1000 GIFTS IN A MONTH BLESSING COUNTED CHALLENGE.

You can pick which of those you want to do.

Note how they build on one another. If you choose #2, you naturally do #1 as well. And, the same goes down the line. If you pick 3, you're also doing 1 and 2--and if you choose 4, you do 1, 2, and 3. 

If you want to join me and do #4, we will start with whatever number is our next on our Blessing Counted List and will add 1,000 to that at least. This is our goal.

I am so excited! Care to join me for any of these Blessings Counted Challenges? If so, please, add a comment at the end of any blog post, or send me an email, and let me know. Let's be cheerleaders for one another. 
Have a blessed Veteran's Day!

-------------

No comments:

Post a Comment