Monday, July 28, 2014

SOAP Bible Study Template and Personal Prayer Journal on July 28, 2014, Monday, 650 a.m.




///// SOAP Bible Study Template and Personal Prayer Journal on July 28, 2014, Monday, 650 a.m. //// James 1:1-4 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) /"1 James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ: / To the 12 tribes in the Dispersion. / Greetings. / 2 Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4 But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing." / -- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) / Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved. /// SCRIPTURE / James 1:2 Consider. / Consider it, be aware, and learn thoroughly how it is a great joy whenever I experience different kinds of trials. /// OBSERVATION / What does consider mean in NT Greek? {Here is where to find definition of CONSIDER: http://www.studylight.org/dictionary/ved/view.cgi?n=549 } / Consider means: See, be aware, learn thoroughly. Read that last part again. Thoroughly. // Side-Note: This is my hang up with most Bible studies and my Read 250 Classics. Speed shouldn't be the focus. Thoroughness should be. // In regard to thoroughness and Read 250 Classics, I'm going to expand my reading to ten days for short books, 12 for mid-sized books, and 14 for longer books. Also, take one month off per year for vacation, holiday, break, etc. So, 335 days per year total. 335 / 14 = 23 books minimum per year. This means it will take me 10.9 years to Read 250 Classics, at the most. However, this is only if all books are long. That being said, I want to get as most challenging out of each book as possible, so we shall see. I would rather be thorough than rush through and not thoroughly enjoy. Plus, I want to do more personal prayer journaling and Bible study. I want and need more balance than I’ve experienced this month. So, this is my new plan. // 921 a.m. Consider it, be aware, and learn thoroughly how it is a great joy whenever I experience different kinds of trials. / Wow. This seems a tall order at first glance. How can trials ever be a joy, never mind a GREAT joy? Right? Right. That doesn’t make sense, particularly if you’re going through a trial. However, this is the Bible and it tells us to do so. (Yikes). // So, what does GREAT really mean in New Testament Greek? Does it mean what I associate with the word? {Look here for the answer: http://www.studylight.org/dictionary/ved/view.cgi?n=1245 } / ‘Great’ means: It shows measure and size; number and degree. // Joy means delight and gladness {See: http://www.studylight.org/dictionary/ved/view.cgi?n=1551 } // Thoroughly learn with magnitude and number how delightful and with gladness whenever trials are experienced in my life. // Trail means: refining {See: http://www.studylight.org/dictionary/ved/view.cgi?n=3080 } // Thoroughly learn with magnitude and number how delightful and with gladness whenever refining is experienced in my life. = a new way to phrase James 1:2. /// APPLICATION: Thoroughly learn with magnitude and number how delightful and with gladness whenever refining is experienced in my life. = a new way to phrase James 1:2. /// PRAYER: Lord help me to live in this manner whenever I go through trials: Thoroughly learn with magnitude and number how delightful and with gladness whenever refining is experienced in my life. = a new way to phrase James 1:2. //// ***** AN IMPORTANT NOTE: AND, BY THE WAY: A KEY AND AN EXPLANATION OF "/" -- THE BACKSLASHES. Whenever you see this: / -- whenever you see a backslash on this blog in particular, it shows a point of an outline (without seeing an outline on the page). The most I use are five, /////, and that denotes a new day. Four //// denotes a new topic. Three /// denotes a subtopic. Two // denotes a subtopic of the subtopic. One / denotes a subtopic of a subtopic of a subtopic. / So, why do I use them anyway? When I journal, I like to save space and trees. I try to keep everything in one paragraph. Then, later if I want, I can take out the backslashes. *****

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC 2008-2014.)

No comments:

Post a Comment