Friday, February 1, 2013

February Class: Life Story Class: What's in Your Heart?

Welcome to the February Life Story Class. It's about how to journal your life story and how to write a memoir of your life story.

I figured after the intense month of January and the 125 memories, we could use a little less specific of a topic and look at the more general--at first. Then, we will each get very pinpointed as we work through the journaling exercises or prompts this month.

This week, start with these:

WHAT IS IN YOUR HEART: A JOURNALING EXERCISE OR PROMPT: HOMEWORK FOR THE NEXT WEEK
You can either do this literally or figuratively. draw a heart on the page for each of the numbered prompts below. Fill in each with whatever is in your heart regarding that prompt. You might need to do multiple hearts for each number, by the way.

Ask yourself all of the possible questions that come to mind about the numbered prompt.

For instance, take #1. WHAT is in your heart? I would start by writing anything that came to mind until nothing came to mind anymore. Then, I would ask myself, WHAT? Objects maybe. I would then write every object that I thought of that has a place in my heart. What are my favorite possessions? What are my favorite hobbies? What are my favorite foods? What are my... You get the idea. With each question, I would do a new heart.
1 Who is in your heart?
2 What is in your heart?
3 Where is in your heart?

Be thorough. Spends lots and lots of time on this.

HOMEWORK FOR 08-28 FEBRUARY 2013
Then, the next three weeks, we are going to look at each heart and pick a minimum of 3 items there to journal about and how it relates to our life story. How does each item define or describe our lives? How have they made us who we are? What have they meant to us?

That's it.

Fairly simple. It will just take some time. 28 days, as a matter of fact.

Enjoy!


Stacy Duplease
Journalkeeper & Author
* My Storykeeper Odyssey in 2013: Journaling & Memoir
* The Journaling & Storykeeping Encyclopedia of 2013
The Journaling Path Blog Network: http://thejournalingpath.blogspot.com
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Storykeeper 2121

4 comments:

  1. God is in my heart and journaling my latest escapades.

    -s-

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is in my heart and journaling my latest escapades.

    -s-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! I hope you speak with God in your journal. Prayer Journaling is a wonderful activity and is the best way to journal, in my opinion. I call it: Write your heart out to God. After all, talking to God, and listening, is prayer. Do it in writing form and it's prayer journaling. Just a little tip and thought to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! I hope you speak with God in your journal. Prayer Journaling is a wonderful activity and is the best way to journal, in my opinion. I call it: Write your heart out to God. After all, talking to God, and listening, is prayer. Do it in writing form and it's prayer journaling. Just a little tip and thought to ponder.

    ReplyDelete