Wednesday, November 12, 2014

NOVEMBER 12, 2014 STORIES OF BLESSING




NOVEMBER 12, 2014 STORIES OF BLESSING

-------------

THANKSGIVING AND END OF YEAR BLESSINGS COUNTED CHALLENGES

NOTE: This is in addition to the blessings you are counting already.

1. List 10 things you are grateful for in 2014. List whatever comes to mind, as it comes to mind, no matter how silly it may seem.

2. List 10 things you are grateful for in your life. List anything that comes to mind, when it comes to mind, no matter how silly or trivial it may seem. 

3. Wait 15 minutes or less, and repeat #1 then #2. It's okay if you repeat blessings in your blessings counted lists. Just make sure if it is a repeated blessing, to add one more to your total due and extend your list so you have at least ten new blessings listed. 

4. Do #3 as many times as you want between now and the end of the year. Preferably do this at least  couple times each day. 

-------------

2014 CHALLENGES, TURNED BLESSINGS COUNTED LIST JOURNALING PROMPT

What challenges did you experience in 2014? How have they been blessings? Count as many blessings as you can for each challenge. Name/list at least three blessings from each challenge. 

---------------

BEAUTY AND BLESSINGS

Beauty is all around.
Even right now--where you are.
You just need to fine-tune your blessing detector, your heart and mind. 
There is beauty all around at several moments throughout the day, each and every day. And, we do not have to be outside to see it or experience it. 
One reason we need to count our blessings, each moment and all day long, is so we do not miss moments of beauty. After all, beauty is a blessing.
The autumn leaves
The mountains
The ocean
A forest
A garden
When a baby smiles at you
When your spouse looks at you from across the room
The shirt you're wearing--and the one someone else is wearing
The color on the car that just passed you
The taste of pumpkin
Hearing rain and smelling it
What other blessings of beauty can you think of?
Look around. What beauty do you see--right where youa re right now?
Can you go somewhere and see more beauty? By all means, go! And, count your blessings of beauty. 
PROMPT: Make a list of at least 25 things of beauty.

-------------

BLESSINGS COUNTED LIST FOR NOVEMBER 10, 2014, MONDAY, CONT. 

464 I love to watch Sinan, our cat, as he stands on top of a step stool so he can look outside--and the sunlight shines on his goregous colored coat.
465 I want to print out my Blessings Counted List, which I started on November 01, 2014. The only problem is, there is an elderly cat sleeping on the printer. Always. Every day. All day long. Kara is sure making me greener, but it would sure be nice to print it out so I can see them and hold these blessings in my hand, if that makes sense. However, I do not have the heart to make Kara move. She's lived a hard life and I don't want to give her any unnecessary inconveniences. She's had plenty as it is. So, I will wait for the most opportune time. Until then, there is a reason why I cannot. I am so glad to offer her such a safe and comfortable place, something she has not had in her life. And, that gets me teary eyed. She deserves as many blessings as I can pile on top of her. Bless her. I am so glad she adopted my husband and I! 
466 I cannot believe I have counted so many blessings--and in only 10 days.
467 I've decided to no logner see how many lists of one thousand gifts I can count (thanks to Ann Voskamp and her book, ONE THOUSAND GIFTS). Instead, I want to keep an ongoing list and see how many total blessings I can count between now and the say I die. I could take all my other Blessings Counted Lists and add them to this one, but not today. (Maybe someday, though.) I want to keep a fresh list--starting when I decided to really, entirely, dedicate my life and my writing to being a Blessings Counter. (Hah! That would be a good clay tag--bracelet, necklace, tages to have around the house and in the car, and ornaments to remind me to be one.) Some of the blessings are repeated. Some are not. Some blessings are ones I have never listed before in any Blessings Counted List.
468 Just heard how areas in Wyoming, people are being sent home, not because of snow, but because of ice, and their employers want them to be safe. That's a blessing for them--safety and additional time off they didn't plan (always a bonus). And, it's a blessing for me (469) as it's sixty degrees here and sunny. It's just gorgeous.
470 I just heard our cuckoo clock chime twelve times. It's a cuckoo clock from Germany. (Love cuckoo!)
471 Sinan is sitting in the window, enjoying fresh air.

A LIST OF 25 THINGS OF BEAUTY TO COUNT
472 Sinan's gorgeous ginger/orange coat.
473 Owls.
474 Osprey.
475 Bald eagles, which we see flying along the Colonial Parkway and frequently at Historic Jamestowne.
476 Deer grazing.
477 Mama deer and their young.
478 Wild turkeys.
479 Raccoons, tree huggers
480 Praying mantis
481 Sunshiny days
482 Our freshly manicured yard and landscaping at our house
483 Fall leaves 
484 Trees
485 Flowering bushes
486 Flowers
487 Sitting along the James River, at the Cafe at Histroic Jamestowne and watching the river and the boats.
488 Watching turtles swim.
489 When my husband looks at me. We've been together thirteen years and he still makes my heart go pitter-pat. 
490 Love
491 Rocks
492 Mountains
493 Oceans
494 The Chesapeake Bay
495 Virginia Beach
496 Chincoteague
497 Wild horses
498 Wild burros/donkeys
499 Yucca
500 Pine Trees
501 Cedars
502 The smell of freshly cut grass
503 Time spent with the Lord.
504 Time spent in the Word of God, the Holy Bible.

BLESSINGS FROM 2014
505 Learning how all of my other writing attempts have been futile. I'm meant to count my blessings (Be a Blessings Counter) and be a Blessings Counting Coach (Blessing 506).  
507 Figuring out how to keep everything of mine: my photos, journaling, my writing, etc. online, and not on just my computer. that way, it's permanent.
508 Penzu--realizing this is how to keep everything permanently.
509 Using Penzu as a full-time journal since the end of July has been a tremendous blessing and has changed, and shaped, how I journal and write. 
510 Realizing I am supposed to do Stories of Blessings at nursing homes and hospices--where I help people count their blessings and share their stories of blessing. 
511 Learning how counting blessings greatly increases the quality of life. ********

-------------

BLESSINGS COUNTED LIST FOR NOVEMBER 10, 2014, MONDAY, CONT. 
512 I have single-spaced, typed, 12-point font, 18 pages of blessings typed so far. Since November 01, 2014 (513). Incredible. To the Blessing give be all glory, honor, and praise!
514 For 513 blessings so far. I don't deserve one, let alone that gigantic number. 
515 Developing the sight to search for, find, and see blessings--then count them. 
516 For learning how it's a constant--needing to search for blessings--then counting them. I must be intention in both (517).
518 The sound of dogs barking in the distance.
519 The sound of soemone waching their car on the block in back of us.
520 Knowing that blessings do not just fall from the sky and rain down on us for no reason. They have a purpose. And, if we are given blessings, gifts, we do not deserve, they do not come from nothing and come from something (521). Blessings come from the Blessing Giver (522) and are not manufactured by self or wishful thinking. 
523 Basking turtles--even when it's at the bottom of their tank (which is quite cute and fuuny). 
524 I got laundry put away today.
525 I switched the places of my fall/winter wardrobe and spring/summer wardrobe today. This officially marks the changing seasons and temperature. 
526 Hubby and  I slept for the first night on our flannel sheets last night. delightful! 
527 Hubby and I added an extra blanket on our bed a few nights ago--also marking the chaging season and weather. It adds more layers to form around us while we sleep, which is also quite decadent. 
528 Military jets flying overhead--and have been for a while. The sound of freedom. If their runway was my backyward, I'd be a happy camper. I've always loved the sound of airplanes, particularly military planes. 
529 Putty (cat) paws--and their pads--precious!
530 Cat whiskers
531 Prayer
532 Faith
533 Jesus
534 The Bible
535 Christmas is coming soon.
536 Thanksgiving, the holiday
537 Thanksgiving, the act of
538 Thanksgiving Dinner
539 Thanksgiving with B's work, a brunch, that is.
540 Being able to run a 5k
541 Oh, I forgot! I cut my time of running a 5k to its fastest yet yesterday. Now, before I mention what it was, know this: As of two years ago, I never ran a 5k. Never. I ran it at 27:13 last night--in spite of being sore as could be (and still am) after working our at the gym with weights on Saturday.
542 Cookie cutters--which I will use to cut shapes for my "blessings" clay tags.
543 I will get all of my stuff to make my clay tags on Wednesday. So, I can start to make them Thursday--and have a few finished on Friday. Hopefully, I can make a necklace or a bracelet (or both--why not--or even several) I can wear as a constant reminder (544) to count my blessings and keep a Blessings Counted List.
545 I am now caught up with my word count goal of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), in which I'm writing the book: BLESSINGS COUNTED: A BOOK OF GRATITUDE AND THANKSGIVING.

-------------

No comments:

Post a Comment