Friday, March 14, 2014

Week 1/Day 2 Luke 1:8-9: Morning




Week 1/Day 2 Luke 1:8-9: Morning


March 14, 2014, Friday, 9 Verses of 12

ETC. ETC. ETC.: AT THE START OF MOST DAYS AND/OR AT THE END
From time to time, I will try to include extra information, rather than just the three to four verse text reading of the day. This is even more true since we are at the beginning of this new study of the Book of Luke. So, let’s do some ETC. ETC. ETC. right now:

BIBLE VS. THE HOLY BIBLE

I am not old-fashioned by any means. Nor am I the only KJV (King James Version) reading type.[1]I read other versions of the Bible. However, whenever possible, I will try to call it the Holy Bible versus just the Bible throughout this text. There is a reason for this choice.
I want to give the Holy Word of God, the Holy Bible, as much reverence as possible. I do not want to take it lightly. I want to give the Word of God the respect it deserves. If it makes you grind your teeth out of annoyance, call it just the Bible if you want as you read my text.

PRAYER JOURNALING: A WAY TO INTERACT WITH GOD ABOUT THIS BOOK AND THE HOLY BIBLE

In order for you to get the most out of this book, a devotional Bible study and journaling memoir, it’s important for you to interact with God about what you read in this book and in the Holy Bible. How do you do this? The answer is simple. It’s through prayer journaling.
You will notice I do not have a workbook companion to this book, and you will not throughout this “6+ Year Four Gospel Project.” I figure if you’re going to have to purchase 40+ books, I should do my best not to give you any additional material to purchase. That’s just not right. Forty books is already extreme.[2]Therefore, I need to ask you to keep your own prayer journal. It will act as your workbook and your prayer journaling to God as you interact with Him about the text from this blog post series and book—as well as with the Holy Bible.
Needless to say, I need to ask for your word that you will prayer journal every single time you approach the text of the “6+ Year Four Gospel Project.”
I’m not kidding.
Do I have your word?
Before you say yes or no, let me tell you why. There is a rule of thumb I want you to bear in mind throughout this “6+ Year Four Gospel Project.”
THE RULE OF THUMB IS: The more you invest into this material of “6+ Year Four Gospel Project,” the more you’ll get out of it. The more you prayer journal, the more you’ll get out of it. The more you review, the more you’ll get out of it. It’s really that simple. This is exactly why it’s going to take more than six years for this Four Gospels Project. We are going to invest heavily into this.
Why?
Jesus sacrificed His life for our sins and we deserve death, not life. So, how little is it for us to give the next six plus years to getting to know Jesus and the Four Gospels as possible, apply them to our lives, and learn to live a life of Jesus?
Now, I will ask you again… Do I have your word that you’ll prayer journal every time you approach this text?
If so, imagine signing the blank below. Then, make sure to write your commitment in your prayer journal.


Sign Here: ______________________________


Date: ____________________________________
I promise to prayer journal every time I approach this text and the Holy Bible.

I realize you’re probably reading this via e-book. That’s why I say imagine signing it and making sure to put your pledge of commitment in your prayer journal. Now, I ask you to do the same with the following:

WILL YOU MAKE THE COMMITMENT TO FINISH THIS 8-WEEK STUDY, THE FIRST BOOK OF THE 6+ YEAR FOUR GOSPEL PROJECT?

If so, sign below as well:


Sign Here: ______________________________


Date: ____________________________________
I promise to finish this 8-week devotional Bible study and journaling memoir. It might take a little longer, but I will work on it every day until I complete it.

Now, shall we get started?

REFLECTION OF WEEK 1/DAY 1

FORGETFULNESS VS. INTENTIONAL REMEMBERING

I don’t know about you, but I have the bad habit or capability to forget what I learned the day before, unless I try to keep bringing it back to my memory, prayer journal, and review the lesson and my prayer journal from the lesson—and do so several times. Needless to say, I have to be absolutely intentional about remembering.
How about you? Please prayer journal your answer and thoughts.
God tells us repeatedly in His Word, the Holy Bible, how important it is to remember what He has done.

THE BIBLE AND REMEMBERING WHAT GOD HAS DONE

Look up each of these verses in your favorite version of the Bible. Prayer journal:
1 What you learned,
2 Your thoughts about each of those verses,
3 And your thoughts about remembering what God has done in your life, in the lives of those closest to you, previous generations in your family, and those in the Bible.
4 Also, prayer journal about how you’re going to apply these verses to your life so you will remember all He has done in your life today, tomorrow, and from the past.

The verses are:
Psalm 77:11
Psalm 105:5-6
Psalm 106:7
Psalm 111:4
Psalm 143:5

Then, look at this link (which is all of those verses in the EXB):
Prayer journal about what jumped out at you about each verse.
Then, look at this link (which is all of those verses in the MSG):
Prayer journal about what jumped out at you about each verse.
Then, prayer journal about each of the following:
1 What did I learn?
2 How can I apply these verses to my life—starting today?
3 What did I say to God?
4 What did God say to me?
5 Prayer journal a final prayer about remembering what He has done, all the blessings in your life, and what He has made.
Finally, print out those verses in your favorite version regarding these verses (or, be a nut like me and print out several versions). Carry them around with you every day. Read them and re-read them. Read them so much you practically memorize them. Let them be a reminder to remember what God has done and the blessings He’s given you each day, even on the challenging days.

CARRYING AROUND YOUR DAILY VERSES WITH YOU

I recommend printing out the verses we study each day and carrying them with you everywhere you go. Keep all of the verses together and re-read all of them once a day. Review yesterday’s verses three times today at least. Today’s verses, on the other hand, re-read every hour at least while you’re awake.
Why? Why should you do this? It’s because the more you read these verses, the more you interact with god’s Word. The more you interact with the Word of God, the Holy Bible, the more you will hear from God. That’s why. (How cool is that?) And, it will help you remember.

LET’S REVIEW YESTERDAY’S READING

Reviewing the previous day’s material will become a norm. After all, once again, it’s important to remember what God has done. Part of what he’s done is what we glean from our daily devotional Bible study and prayer journaling, along with reviewing Bible verses, and applying what we learn in our lives. Moreover, daily review is also critical, along with weekly and monthly. Again, it helps us remember what God has done, what we’ve said to God, and what God’s said to us, plus what we’re trying to apply to our lives (review and self-analysis thereof).

PRAYER JOURNAL ABOUT THE FOLLOWING:

1 What verse from yesterday taught you the most about Jesus and His life? Explain.
2 What do you think was the most important verse from yesterday regarding your own life? Explain.
3 What did you learn yesterday?
4 What are you trying to apply to your life from yesterday?
5 What do you say now to God about yesterday?
6 What does God say now to you about yesterday?

WARNING: There will be times there’s just so much to cover, the daily readings will be divided into once a day, twice a day (morning and evening), and sometimes three times a day (morning, afternoon, and evening) segments. Today is one of those days.
SUGGESTION: You may want to add each additional segment as an additional day. Or, you can find the time and do each segment during the same day. Just remember it’s expected we’ll work on this material seven days a week. Five days per week will be the lesson, the sixth day is catch-up, and the seventh day is review.




[1]KJV: King James Version Bible is the public domain of the United States of America.
[2] That’s why I will see these for as little as possible. In fact, you will be able to purchase them in single volumes, 2 in 1, 3 in 1, 4 in 1, 6 in 1, and 12 in 1 with marked discounts between them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment