Monday, March 10, 2014

40 Days of Lent and Chronological Order of Jesus's Final Week Day #1: A Journaling Memoir and Matthew 21:1-11




40 Days of Lent and Chronological Order of Jesus's Final Week Day #1: A Journaling Memoir and Matthew 21:1-11


THE FIRST DAY OF A NEW LENT BIBLE STUDY
I realize I am several days behind in this Lent Bible study. However, better late than never. 
That being said, I will read these again at least a few more times between March 11, 2014 and February 28, 2015. 
I'm getting these chronological readings from the YOUVERSION app, 40 DAYS OF LENT Bible reading plan. You can find this app and reading here, by the way:


CARE TO JOIN ME?
Would you care to join me in doing these daily readings? 
Let me know if you are. Either send me an email or attach a comment at the end of any blog post. 

YOU CAN READ THESE READINGS AT ANY TIME
I don't care what day, month, or year. These readings are about Jesus and His final week. It's important for us to fully grasp this, so it doesn't matter when we start these readings. What matter is actually reading them each and every day until we read all forty.
I, also, recommend reading these at least a couple of times each year, if not more. 

MY THOUGHTS ON DAY #1'S READING
Following Jesus requires living an unconventional life. 
Having a faith in Jesus means following Him even when things don't make sense. It's following Him regardless of the logic. After all, we have sinful, finite eyes. Whereas, Jesus has infinite, perfect, sinless eyes. 
Matthew 21:6 says how the disciples did exactly what Jesus Christ told them to do. Oh, may that be said of me--along with when He says. 
Do I know who He is? Absolutely. He is my Savior and my Redeemer. He was born and allowed himself to be murdered, so He could rise again. And He did so for the forgiveness of my wrongdoings and sin. I sure don't deserve it--and deserve death (see Romans 6:23 and Romans 3:23).

YOUR TURN. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?
Read the passage of Matthew 21:1-11 in your favorite version of the Bible and prayer journal about your thoughts on what you read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment