Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Coming Off a Little Strong




Coming Off a Little Strong

I realize that some things I say at time to time will come off a little strong. I'm sorry if I offend. That's not my intent at all.
However...
I think today, our feelings get too easily hurt. We forget that what makes us feel uncomfortable is often times something that strikes a chord in us and is familiar--because it's something we've done in the past, are doing now, and/or could easily do in the future.
We need to quite coddling ourselves and speak truth--but with love.
We need to wake up to the Jesus way, not to the comfortable, easy world way.
We need to remember if the world is doing it, we most likely shouldn't be.
Being a Christian means going against the world and social norms. It means bucking the trend. It means going against the grain. It means growing serious in our faith, not just giving it lip-service.
I will come across as harsh, but it's to give us (me included!) a wake-up call and try to help us get out of our comfort zone and help us to be more intentional about our faith. It's about living a life of the Word and of Christ, not of the world.
We don't deserve ANYTHING but DEATH (see Romans 3:23 and Romans 6:23 as a reminder).
We need to remember the easy way is not the way of the Christ-Follower.
Let's quite hiding our faces and heads in the sand. Let's open our eyes and be brutally honest about the things of faith.
Let's look in the mirror and live a life of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment