Friday, March 14, 2014

6+ Year Four Gospel Project: A New Plan



6+ Year Four Gospel Project: A New Plan

REALITY: THE INEVITABLE
Let me be a little transparent here and brutally honest with one of my faults. I tend to have an unrealistic time about things sometimes--and how long something will really take to complete. This, in turn, gets me disheartened about a task, so I will drop it and try another one to see if my progress will be better next time--and I hope I might actually be able to complete a task of writing a book or series. The reality,. though, is I could try a million more tasks (writing of books). Until I determine to finish what Is tart, it isn't going to ever happen. 
I must have self-control and discipline. 
I need to keep my priorities the priority. 
The reading, studying and writing my journaling memoir and devotional Bible study of each of the Four Gospels appears to be no different.  I had two ideas so far. Neither one of them panned out, so I had to re-evaluate and see what I can do to make this a task I can start and finish. 
Let me recap. First, it was sixteen verses a day of the book of Luke for five days a week. I honestly have no idea what I was thinking when I made that determination. Then, I determined five verses a day. That sounded a great deal more realistic. Right? Not. Reality set in again. Yesterday, plus the day before, it took me over eight hours to put together the blog post for five verses. Over eight hours. 
Well... Call me weird, but I would like to do more things with my day than jsut do this. I need to be able to eat, clean, spend time with my husband, read, and so on.  Therefore, I realize this just isn't idea.
So, why did it take me over eight hours to do Day 2's verses?
I refuse (and refused) to surface skim the material. I wanted to study as much as possible--and the truth was, I barely scratched the surface with each verse. (Ugh!) Hence, the inevitable happened yesterday. Reality set in and hit me. Five verses a day was too much as well. (Double 'Ugh.')
So, now what? Here's the latest:

NEW  READING AND WRITING PLAN FOR THE FOUR GOSPELS

INFORMATION ABOUT THE FOUR GOSPELS
How many verses in the Four Gospels? Answer: 3779 verses
Matthew - 1,071
Mark - 678
Luke - 1,151
John - 879
Total verses in the four gospels is 3,779    

6+ YEAR FOUR GOSPEL PROJECT
3,779 / 12 verses per week (5 days per week) = 315 weeks
315 / 52 = 6.06 years (I bet it will take me a little longer.)
I will publish these books in 8-week segments. (So, it will be roughly 40 books when it's all said and done.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment