Saturday, January 9, 2016

Praying Journaling on Joshua 1:7-9

My love,
Do you want to know what to do and when? For your life overall? Today? Tomorrow? This week? This month? This quarter? This year? This decade?
Are you ever concerned if you are on the path I want you to follow?
Do you ever want to know what my will is in your life?
The answer to each is found here:

Joshua 1:7-9 New Living Translation (NLT)

7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the instructions Moses gave you. Do not deviate from them, turning either to the right or to the left. Then you will be successful in everything you do. 8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. 9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

-- New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

My love,
If you want to do my will, it requires you to be strong and courageous.
Since you live in the period of time after Jesus walked the earth, you are held to a different requirement. You are to live and obey the entirety of my Word, the Old and Testaments. This requires you to act with strength and courage. If you obey all of my Word, and do not turn away from one verse or deviate from one verse, then you be successful in all you do, without fail.
How can you gain strength and courage? Study my Word continually.
How do you study my Word continually? Meditate on it night and day.
If you study my Word continually, and meditate on it night and day, you will then be sure to do all my Word says. If you do all those things (study, meditate, do), then you will prosper.
You will not just prosper, you will succeed in everything you do.
Be strong and courageous then again. If at that point you are not afraid or discouraged, then I will be with you everywhere you go.
But, all of this requires you studying my Word continually and meditating on it day and night.

Joshua 1:7-9 Expanded Bible (EXB)

7 Be strong and ·brave [courageous; resolute]. Be ·sure [careful] to obey all the ·teachings [law] my servant Moses ·gave [commanded] you. If you ·follow them exactly [L do not turn from it to the right or to the left], you will be successful in everything you do. 8 ·Always remember [L Do not let depart from your mouth] what is written in the Book of the ·Teachings [Law]. ·Study [Meditate on] it day and night to be ·sure [careful; diligent] to obey everything that is written there. If you do this, you will be ·wise [prudent; successful] and ·successful [prosperous] ·in everything [or along life's path; along the way]. 9 ·Remember that I [L Have I not…?] commanded you to be strong and ·brave [courageous; resolute]. Don't be afraid or ·discouraged [dismayed], because the Lord your God will be with you ·everywhere you go [or in all you do]."

-- Expanded Bible (EXB). The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

My Lord,
What a beautiful passage. What hope it brings!
Help me to live this passage, night and day.

My love,
There are no shortcuts in faith.
Faith doesn't require just your leftovers. Faith requires your firsts, seconds, thirds, leftovers, etc.
Faith requires all of you and all of the time. You cannot shortchange your faith or my Word.
Do you want to know my will? Study my Word all the time, without fail, never taking a break. Meditate on my Word day and night. Also, do what my Word says. After all, if you do, you will be successful in all you do and you will be prosperous.
But, it requires strength and courage.
To truly study my Word, meditate on it, and apply it, you will need strength and courage.
If you are in my Word all the time, you will be in the middle of my will, you will prosper and will be successful, and I will be with you everywhere you go.
Be in my Word, my love.

My Lord,
I will think I am going to study and meditate on this passage for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment