Friday, January 8, 2016

Prayer Journaling of Romans 15:13: Hope, Joy, Peace, Trust, and Power

My love,
Do you want hope?
What about peace and joy?
Trust in me.
Trust is a simple five letter word with a simple definition: have faith in and believe. Trust also means to put confidence and reliance in something or someone. The complicated part of trust is not in the definition, but is in the application. People tend to make it far more difficult than they really need.
How do you trust me? You trust me by believing in my son, Jesus Christ.
You trust me by praying, being in my Word, by meditating on my Word and pondering it, and by giving thanks in and for all things. You trust me every time you think of me and my Word.
Trust in me and draw close to me and my Word. The more you pray and think on my Word, the more you trust me and the more you draw near to me. They naturally go together.
The more you trust me and my Word, the more you will find the true source of hope..Nothing and no one else can bring you eternal hope, other than me and my Word. If you trust in anything or anyone on earth, in this world, you will put your hope and trust in that which is temporary. For everything and everyone on earth will die. I am timeless, and exist outside of time, since I created time and my Word is eternal. So, where and in whom will you place your trust?

Romans 15:13 New Living Translation (NLT)

13 I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

-- New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

If you trust in me and my Word, you will find that which is worthy of your trust, and I will fill you with peace and joy because of your trust. Again, I offer you real peace and joy that is lasting and depends on nothing but your trust, which is you turning to me and my Word. Note, that I will fill you entirely and completely with joy and peace, and will not fill you partially with them.
When you do trust in me and my Word alone, and then I fill you completely with peace and joy, you will then overflow with confident hope through the Holy Spirit's power.
How can you trust me or my Word?

Psalm 33:4 New Living Translation (NLT)

4 For the word of the Lord holds true,
and we can trust everything he does.

-- New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

My love, if my Word states something, I will never act to contradict it. I am consistent and do not change.
Trust in me and my Word, your source of true and absolute hope, because I never change. And my Word never changes.

James 1:17 New Living Translation (NLT)

17 Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.

--New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

My love, trust me and my Word always and without fail. You will then have hope, peace, and joy, because I will give them to you. You show your trust in me and by Word through spending time with me and my Word.
My Lord, I want to know the source of true hope, and have confident hope, true peace, and true joy. I realize the only way I can have overflowing and confident hope is through You, the power of the Holy Spirit, and trusting in You and Your Word. I show my trust by spending time with you and being in your Word and meditating on your Word.

Psalm 33:4 Expanded Bible (EXB)

4 God's word is ·true [upright; virtuous],
and everything he does is ·right [faithful].
-- Expanded Bible (EXB). The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

Psalm 119:1-8 New Living Translation (NLT)

1 Joyful are people of integrity,
who follow the instructions of the Lord.
2 Joyful are those who obey his laws
and search for him with all their hearts.
3 They do not compromise with evil,
and they walk only in his paths.
4 You have charged us
to keep your commandments carefully.
5 Oh, that my actions would consistently
reflect your decrees!
6 Then I will not be ashamed
when I compare my life with your commands.
7 As I learn your righteous regulations,
I will thank you by living as I should!
8 I will obey your decrees.
Please don't give up on me!

-- New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment