Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Prayer Journal: Life by faith and not by sight

January 05, 2016, Tuesday, 1153 a.m.

2 Corinthians 5:7 New Living Translation (NLT)
7 For we live by believing and not by seeing.
-- New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

My love,
Do you live by sight or by believing?
Do you live by sight or by trust?
Do you demand answers, or expect answers, rather than trust and remain in faith?

2 Corinthians 5:7 New Living Translation (NLT)
7 For we live by believing and not by seeing.
-- New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

My love,
Do you want to live, fully and freely live? Live this verse. Embrace it fully.
Let me rephrase it another way:

2 Corinthians 5:7 Expanded Bible (EXB)
7 We ·live [walk] by ·what we believe [faith], not by ·what we can see [sight].
-- Expanded Bible (EXB).The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

My love,
Do you live this way or do you give it a nod or lip service? Do you nod your head in agreement or do you take action and live in this manner?
Live and walk by faith. Do not demand answers. Just trust me. Tell me that you do and show me that you do. If you do, you will then fully live and I will bless you and your life.
Believe. There is nothing more important in your life.

2 Corinthians 5:7 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight,
-- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

My love,
Know that nothing in your life is a surprise to me. Nor is it something you have hidden from me.
If you love me, you will trust me.

2 Corinthians 5:7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
7 for we walk by faith, not by sight—
New American Standard Bible (NASB). Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation.

My love,
If only you would ask for me to show you how to live by faith, and not by sight, then I would. All you need to do is ask.

2 Corinthians 5:7 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
7 Indeed, our lives are guided by faith, not by sight.
-- GOD’S WORD Translation (GW). Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group.

My love,
Nowhere does this verse say to trust and follow me blindly. Rather, I give you my Word, the Bible, to help give you insight and understanding of my character and my overall plan. I give you the Word to help you walk in and by faith, not by sight, as I work my purpose. If you would remain in my Word, meditate on it and pray on it, you would find it easier to walk by faith alone.
Trust me.
If only you would trust me, believe, and have faith, regardless of what you see or don't see, I would bless you and we would have a deeper, more content, more joyful relationship.
Through not walking by faith, you limit what I can do in you, through you, and around you. Whereas, if you trust me, and believe in me, you free what I can do then. You allow me to work fully and without limit.
What I accomplish through you must be your choice. I will force nothing on you. Walk in and by faith.

My Lord,
Prayer: Lord, help me to not need answers and to just trust You, no matter what. No matter how things fail to make sense. No matter how things feel. Help me to walk by faith through it all, in spite of it all, and to cling to the Bible alone as truth to help me live a life of belief, not of doubt or demanding answers. For, you owe me no answer. You are God and I am not. I will trust you. Always. And I will try not to fight you or what you are doing. I will walk by faith and not by sight. Or, at least I want to do so. Show me how, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment