Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Prayer Journal: What do you treasure?

January 05, 2016, Tuesday, 1010 a.m.

My Lord,
I just took a shower, checked my email, and now I sit here, Lord. I am drawing near to you. I am moving my heart and mind to focus on you entirely. I will listen. I listen.

Luke 2:19 New Living Translation (NLT)
19 but Mary kept all these things in her heart and thought about them often.
-- New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

My love (The Lord speaks),
Mary watched carefully what happened all around her and through her. She did her best to take it all in and not miss anything. She was fully present. She looked for my work and my glory. She looked in her life, around her life, through her life, and in the life of those around her, to find me, my work, and my glory.
Then, Mary committed what she saw, experienced, and learned to her heart and mind so she would remember these things and so she could ponder these things. She thought about these things so thoroughly she came to treasure them and she wanted to remember me and what I had done.
Mary had to be fully present in order to be able to treasure what she saw and experienced. If she had not been, she would have missed these blessings. Since she treasured these things, she would remember them and her life was transformed through what she treasured.
It is too easy to get so busy that you don't see the blessings all around you. Busyness clouds your eyes and makes your vision laser focused in what you are doing. It makes you self and activity focused, rather than on me or on my Word. Busyness takes you away from me and makes it so you do not see the blessings all around.
How can you fully see if you are busy?
How can you hear me if you are busy?
How can you pray without ceasing or meditate on my Word day and night if you are busy?
Busyness is an addiction. You have the choice. Choose activities and busyness, which make you feel important and valued, or choose me.
Is the way of busyness your salvation or am I?
How can you treasure anything if you are busy, never mind me or my Word?
Make me and my Word your treasure, not anything or anyone of the world. I offer you eternal life. The world offers you temporary, sinful things which prevent you from seeing how I have lavished my blessing on you.
I have a great deal more to offer you to treasure than this world ever could. Be still. Look around. Every moment has showers of blessing from me for you to treasure.

Luke 2:19 Expanded Bible (EXB)
19 But Mary ·treasured [kept; preserved] these things and ·continued to think about them [pondered/considered them in her heart].
--Expanded Bible (EXB). The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

My love,
Mary treasured all these things in her heart and always thought about them, pondered them, meditated on them, and kept them in her heart.

My Lord,
My prayer: Lord, help me to focus on You and the treasure of blessing you and your Word bring, not on the things of this sin-laced world.

No comments:

Post a Comment