Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Prayer Journal: Treasure

Written on January 06, 2016, Wednesday at a local bookstore

My love,
Who and what do you treasure and why?
Who and what brings you meaning?
The truth is if you treasure, value, find meaning, or find happiness in anything or anyone other than me and my Word, then you will never be fulfilled. You will always feel like you are missing something, will feel hollow and empty, and will not be full of joy. Anything or anyone other than me and my Word is just an imitation. It will not last and will leave you void.
Do you want to treasure someone or something temporary or eternal?
How do you know who or what you treasure? Besides looking at your calendar, your thoughts will provide you the answer. Who and what do you think of? Who and what do you think of most often?

Matthew 6:19-21 New Living Translation (NLT)
19 “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. 21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
-- New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Treasure my Word, prayer, and giving thanks. Do these nonstop. If you do these, you will treasure them more and more. If you treasure these things, you will build up your treasure in heaven. What you treasure from these three, you bring with you to eternal life.
Nothing and no one else you treasure will be brought with you to heaven. Just the moments with me and my Word will you bring with you.
The moments we have, treasure. Remember them. Think on them over and over. The only way you can do so is to write them down. Journal them. This will help you treasure them and build up your treasure in heaven.

Matthew 6:19-21 Expanded Bible (EXB)
19 “Don’t store treasures for yourselves here on earth where moths and rust will destroy them and thieves can break in and steal them. 20 But store ·your [for yourselves] treasures in heaven where they cannot be destroyed by moths or rust and where thieves cannot break in and steal them. 21 Your heart will be where your treasure is.
-- Expanded Bible (EXB). The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

My love, where your treasure is, so is your heart. Remember that heart and mind go hand-in-hand and are not mutually exclusive. So, if you think on our moments of prayer, my Word speaking to you through your meditation day and night, and offer thanks for the blessings of each moment, then you will treasure these things all the more and will build up your eternal treasure in heaven, in your eternal life. Keep drawing close to me and my Word in prayer and meditation, and you will treasure our moments all the more.

Matthew 6:19-21 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
19 “Don’t collect for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But collect for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves don’t break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
-- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.
My love, things on this earth get lost, are damaged, and are stolen. They never last. They do not bring you joy. They may bring you short-term happiness, but they will fail you in time.
The people of this earth are sinners. They will fail you. This is why no one should ever be put on your pedestal, but me and my Word.
Things and people are imperfect. Why treasure anyone or anything that is imperfect and will fail you?
I am perfect and so is my Word. We are eternal. We offer you so much more.
Everything you seek or want pales in comparison to me and my Word.
Treasure me and my Word and our moments when you pray and meditate on my Word. You add to what you take with you to heaven.

My Lord,
Help me to fully treasure you and your Word. My mind is shallow and faulty. Help me to treasure you and your Word in spite. Help me to remember all of our moments and treasure them. I want perfect and eternal treasure that will never fail me or seduce me. Make me want You and Your Word alone, not the things of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment