Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Prayer Journal: His inner strength, deep love, mighty power

Written on January 06, 2016, Wednesday at a local bookstore

Ephesians 3:16-20 New Living Translation (NLT)
16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
-- New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

My love,
I have so many things to give you and so many priceless things for you to truly treasure. In fact, I have an unlimited supply.
My blessings, my gifts, only require belief from you. If you believe, I will supply you with everything you need. If you will believe, I will shower you with blessings to treasure. You may be tempted, or may even sin, but I will have treasure for you anyway. After all, I created you knowing all you would do, and all you wouldn't do, and I created you still.
You could never be worthy of one treasure I have to offer you, if not for your belief in my son, Jesus Christ, and what he did for you. I made you wonderfully (Psalm 139:???) and he has made you holy already. Trust him. The more you trust him, the deeper your roots of my love will grow and the roots of my love will strengthen you.
Do not for a moment I think you can find strength in anyone or anything apart from my love. You do not find your strength from within yourself. You find strength from me alone and from my love alone. If you find strength anywhere else, or in anyone else, it is false strength and it does not last.
Do you want to know how much strength you can receive from my love? Look at verse 18. My love is bottomless and endless, deep, wide, thorough, and unconditional. This is how much strength you can get from my love.
Do you ever feel uneasy, empty, or stressed? Do you ever feel off or like you are missing something? Meditate on verses 18 and 19 and on the love I have for you.
Now, look at verse 20, my love. Meditate on it as well.
When you meditate on my Word, and when you believe in my son and what he did for you, then you will be able to more thoroughly grasp my love and what I can accomplish in you and through you.
Keep reading this passage, and meditate on it. Think on it. Pray on it. Listen to what I have to say about it.
Let this passage help you see how much I can do through you as you deepen your trust in my son through meditating on this passage again and again. Treasure this, my love.

My Lord,
What hope this passage brings. Help me to trust in your son and in your Word more and more each day.

My love,
The best way to do so is be in my Word and meditate on it day and night. Start with this passage today.

No comments:

Post a Comment