Saturday, November 21, 2015

Lord, teach me how to pray

There are times I do not know what to pray because I am so stunned by what has happened. But, there is something far more prevalent in keeping me from praying as I want or should. I am not sure I really, truly, fully, deeply know how to pray. Or, at least I am scared that I don't. Therefore, I doubt if it would hurt if I prayed this prayer: Lord, teach me how to pray.
Almighty God and Holy One, if I am realistic, I do not think it is ever possible to learn enough on how to pray to You and communicate with You, the Eternal One and All-Powerful One.
And, I want to learn and know more about prayer just in general. I want to
Luke 11:1 Expanded Bible (EXB)
11 One time Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his ·followers [disciples] said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray as John taught his ·followers [disciples].”
-- Expanded Bible (EXB). The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.
Lord, teach me how to pray without ceasing for those touched by terror and for the terrorists. Show me how. Give me the words and remind me to pray about these things. Guide me.
Teach me how to stand in the gap and be a watchman in prayer aobut terrorism.
In the name of Jesus Christ, my Messiah and Lord, my Redeemer and Strength, I pray that You bring each terrorist to believe in Jesus Christ--and if not, that You bring justice.
Thank You, my Rock and Refuge, for being the One who saves and that it isn't up to me to make or force someone to believe. Thank You for being all-powerful, all-knowing, ever-present, so You do not depend on me to bring people to believe--nor do You depend on me to bring You justice. You do all of that just fine on Your own. You are the One True God and You do not depend on man for anything.
Lord, help the wicked to know that there is a better way. In fact, there is only one true way.
John 14:1-7 New Living Translation (NLT)
14 “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. 2 There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? 3 When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. 4 And you know the way to where I am going.”
5 “No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 7 If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!”
-- New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Lord, help terrorists to learn and believe in John 14:6.
There is something else that is strongly on my mind and in my heart right now, Lord. Protect people, in Brussels and anywhere else there is a plan of a terror attack. Put a hedge of protection around them.
Lord! You just spoke to me and made my prayer book aobut how to pray about terrorism very clear. You said that this is to be a book about "Spiritual Warfare Prayer and the War on Terror." Period. End of story.

1 comment:

  1. I also need to pray as far as what we are going through. Terror is real but instead of fear I will turn to You God and pray.

    ReplyDelete