Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Life, prayer, current events, terror, and history: My personal journaling on Nov/18/2015


Life, prayer, current events, terror, and history: My personal journaling on Nov/18/2015
///
THIS IS MY ONE AND ONLY BLOG
I am moving all of my blogs to this blog: RYP Stories http://rypstories.blogspot.com/
(It always comes down to this, or so it seems. It's just very convenient to have all of my writings in one place.)
/////
A LIST OF TOPICS INCLUDED IN THIS BLOG POST: AN INTRODUCTION
There is a great deal I want to journal and write. Therefore, I will try to capture it all on the page. I realize some of the material will be of interest to you and some will not. Needless to say, I will add to the top of every blog post a list of topics included in the blog post. I hope this helps you find what you might find interesting.
Please note, I will do my best to make this a sequential list, but I may add more about a topic later in the blog post and do not want to repeat it in this list. This, you might have to do some scanning of the blog post to find what you desire. (For example, the Articles, News, Current Events, and Opinion will be scattered throughout each blog post because I want it sequential in order to help us understand the flow and order of current events.)
Also, I have tried to add the overtly Christian material toward the end of this blog post. I do not want to be PC, but do not want to be overly offensive either.
TOPICS LIST:
Moving to just my RYP Stories blog
My personal journaling
Articles, News, Current Events, and Opinion
Recipe
My journaling and writing: What I want to write
My personal journaling about prayer and terror
Studying Galatians
/////
(803 a.m.) My Personal Journaling: I have think if both furry critters could open me up and crawl right in, they would. Both are as clingy as they can possibly and I don't blame them one bit. We are dealing with high winds here and the wind is making quite the ruckus. It is a little unnerving. The birds outside are having to hold on with all of their might at the bird feeder. Our house is making tons of noise and I cannot help but pray for the Lord to hold us together. (Aye.)
Personally, I think it is befitting, this wind storm during a dark week.
Last night, and yesterday afternoon for that matter, my stomach was churning. It still is. In fact, my husband teased me last night and said he thought he heard a thunderstorm as we watched tv. The storm was all the sounds my stomach made. Current events had me quite riled up and upset.
/////
Article, News, Current Events, Opinion
Title: "2 terror suspects killed, 7 arrested in raid targeting Paris attack mastermind"
Link: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/18/gun-battle-reported-as-french-police-launch-anti-terror-raid-on-paris-suburb/?intcmp=hpbt1
///
Article, News, Current Events, Opinion
Title: "US intel assessment last May foreshadowed complex ISIS attacks aimed at West"
Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/18/joint-intel-assessment-highlighted-growing-sophistication-isis-attacks/?intcmp=hpbt1
///
Article, News, Current Events, Opinion
Title: "ISIS militants dig in, anticipating assault on Syria's Raqqa"
Link: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/18/isis-militants-dig-in-anticipating-assault-on-syria-raqqa/
///
Article, News, Current Events, Opinion
Title: "Bill O'Reilly Just Comes Right Out and Asks the Question About Obama That We're All Thinking"
Link: http://www.ijreview.com/2015/11/473634-oreilly-just-comes-right-out-and-asks-is-president-obama-delusional-about-isis/
///
Article, News, Current Events, Opinion
Title: "Is Obama Doing Enough to Defeat ISIS? Experts Weigh In"
Link: http://dailysignal.com/2015/11/16/is-obama-doing-enough-to-defeat-isis-experts-weigh-in/
///
Article, News, Current Events, Opinion
Title: "Donald Trump's Tweet About 'Insane' Barack Obama Has Gone Viral"
Link: http://www.ijreview.com/2015/11/474354-2-donald-trumps-tweet-about-insane-barack-obama-has-gone-viral-and-for-good-reason/?_ga=1.17524729.1369581802.1442931717
/////
Recipe
I just found this and it looks delightful.
Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake with Pecans
Link: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/gooey-pumpkin-butter-cake-with-pecans/9c90e1b7-46c0-4b8f-97c1-663e4e10b45d?src=SH
/////
MY JOURNALING AND WRITING: WHAT I WANT TO WRITE
(1025 a.m.) I have several interests with my journaling and writing and I have tried to keep them separated, as any good writer is supposed to do, as I read in several writing, marketing, and publishing blogs, guides, and heard at writing conferences. A writer is to make their brand.
It just hit me, just now at 1029 a.m., that maybe that's my precise brand: a dabbler in: journaling and coaching others on how to journal, writing my personal life story and coaching others to do the same, blessings journaling (aka gratitude journaling or counting my blessings), critter journaling (about my pets), learning and writing about history, pondering about current events and politics, writing about books I'm reading, writing about the USA, writing about prayer and prayer journaling and how to do each, daily devotional writing, writing Bible studies,
books I have written and published, etc.
But, my biggest passions right now are journaling and coaching about: current events, learning the history and beliefs of terrorism and praying effectively against terrorism, blessings journaling, and daily devotional of a variety of subjects and verses of the Holy Bible.
Stay tuned. You'll see all of this and more.
/////
Article, News, Current Events, Opinion
Title: "ISIS claims soda can bomb downed Russian plane"
Link: http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/260570-isis-claims-soda-can-bomb-downed-russian-plane
/////
MY PERSONAL JOURNALING ABOUT PRAYER AND TERROR
Yesterday, current events coupled with what I read about the Koran had me... What's the word or phrase? Wound up. Upset. Furious. Concerned. The more I read on the news, and heard on the news, the worse I felt. I even got a little too opinionated in my personal journaling, which I published on my blog. My goal is to learn the facts of the beliefs of terrorists and their history. Just the facts, ma'am, so I can then talk about it objectively and not subjectively. Facts, not opinions. Therefore, my feelings don't really matter one bit.
Once I learn the facts of the beliefs of terrorists and their history, and add my knowledge of current events, then and only then I can pray effectively against terrorism. However, I also realize I have to pray as I go for full knowledge and understanding of the facts.
My study of terror--then, now, and the beliefs--will be a long study. It is not something that will take me overnight. Therefore, in the meanwhile, prayer is essential. Prayer is the only way I will learn about the beliefs of terrorists and their history, along with current events.
Prayer is the only way I will not go around with a constant headache and upset stomach as I learn and try to become a subject matter expert. Also, I will continue the other journaling and writing I enjoy in order to create balance in my life. The truth of the matter is I do not think anything is more important than my prayer against terrorism. After all, the terrorists have declared war on everyone who does not agree with their beliefs, particularly those who are free and are of the Western world. I will try to learn and journal about prayer and terror, but will include my other writing, journaling, and coaching in order to achieve balance.
/////
THE BOOK AND EPISTLE OF GALATIANS: A BIBLE STUDY AND DEVOTIONAL
I am part of a ladies Bible study group that meets every Thursday and we are studying the book of Galatians. Therefore, I will include in this blog my personal journaling the notes I take, my thoughts and ponderings, application, and will make it a daily devotional of sorts.
This is my priority today, along with keeping up with current events.
The summary of the Book of Galatians is: Finding true freedom, one that fully satisfies, in Jesus Christ and in no one and nothing else.
Question to ponder and answer as I read this book: How can I fully know and experience the freedom of Christ?
///
Article, News, Current Events, Opinion
Title: "Jesse Watters Leaves Juan Williams Speechless After Takedown of President Obama"
Link: http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/11/17/jesse-watters-leaves-juan-williams-speechless-after-takedown-president-obama?cmpid=NL_foxnation
///
Article, News, Current Events, Opinion
Title: "Obama: Can't Think of 'More Potent Recruitment Tool' for ISIS Than GOP Rhetoric"
Link: http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/11/18/obama-cant-think-more-potent-recruitment-tool-isis-gop-rhetoric
Me: Pardon, Commander-in-Chief and leader of the free world?
///
Article, News, Current Events, Opinion
Title: "Starnes: Why is Obama Importing Muslims and Deporting Christians?"
Link: http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/11/18/starnes-why-obama-importing-muslims-and-deporting-christians
///
Article, News, Current Events, Opinion
Title: "Fate of Paris attack mastermind unclear after raid, but intel sources reportedly say he's dead"
Link: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/18/gun-battle-reported-as-french-police-launch-anti-terror-raid-on-paris-suburb/?intcmp=hpbt1
///
Article, News, Current Events, Opinion
Title: "French police dog killed by attackers in raid, hailed as hero"
Link: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/18/french-police-dog-killed-in-raid-targeting-alleged-paris-attacks-mastermind/?intcmp=hpbt3
/////
THE BOOK AND EPISTLE OF GALATIANS: A BIBLE STUDY AND DEVOTIONAL
(1243 p.m.) I just read Galatians 1.
Paul calls the Galatians out for believing in false teachings. He calls them out for thinking actions were what saved them, not faith. Grace alone is what saves us.
Acts 15:11 Living Bible (TLB)
11 Don't you believe that all are saved the same way, by the free gift of the Lord Jesus?"
Living Bible (TLB)
-- The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Paul prayed for the blessings of grace and peace on all believers. See the following verses:
//
Galatians 1:3 New King James Version (NKJV)
3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ,
New King James Version (NKJV)
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
//
Ephesians 1:2 New King James Version (NKJV)
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
New King James Version (NKJV)
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
//
Philippians 1:2 New King James Version (NKJV)
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
New King James Version (NKJV)
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
//
Colossians 1:2 New King James Version (NKJV)
2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are in Colosse:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
New King James Version (NKJV)
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
//
Do I trust what man says or what the Word of God says?
/////
Article, News, Current Events, Opinion
Articles from the past that shape current events:
Title: "Islam 'Helped to Shape' CIA Nominee John Brennan's World View"
Link: http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/islam-helped-shape-cia-nominee-john-brennan-s-world-view
Me: So, how has he, is he, and will he fight terrorism if it has shaped how he sees the world?
/////
(126 p.m.) My Personal Journaling:
Out of the blue--bam!--snow. Wow! Cannot see past a city block.
/////
To be continued...
/////

No comments:

Post a Comment