Thursday, April 2, 2015

Pray Without Ceasing or Stopping: A Habit to Develop

Let it be our goal to do what God commands us in Scripture. Praying without ceasing is one of the commands and is our goal regarding the 2 Chronicles 7:14 World Prayer as we pray for our world today. The verse that follows is the command for us to pray without stopping (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 New King James Version (NKJV)
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
-- New King James Version (NKJV)
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

A HABIT TO DEVELOP
Now, this is what we will try to do with 2 Chronicles 7:14. We will try to pray it back to the Lord throughout the day and night.
I do not know about you, but I praying without ceasing is not a habit I have at this time. I try to do so, but it does not always work. I forget to do so. Therefore, I realize I need to develop the habit.
I do not know about you, but the reports I hear about in the news are frightening to me and are also frustrating, concerning, and maddening. I cannot help but wonder if this is indeed the end of this world. However, I do not know for sure. This makes me realize the world may be around for a longer time and it is my job as a Christian to pray for this world. Today. Without delay.
So, how do I pray for this world? 2 Chronicles 7:14 offers the answer, along with 1 Thessalonians 5:17. How do I put it into practice, though? How do I pray without ceasing 2 Chronicles 7:14? How do I/we develop the habit?
I have read several articles, Bible studies, books, and daily devotionals on how to so. Now, I hope to put it into practice and make the 2 Chronicles 7:14 World Prayer my lifelong prayer without ceasing. I want to fulfill my part in praying for the change of this world, and pray for the world to follow Jesus Christ and God's will. I want to live 1 Thessalonians 5:17 through praying 2 Chronicles 7:14 without ending.

DAY 1 AND LEARNING TO PRAY ALL THE TIME 2 CHRONICLES 7:14
Today, I will read 2 Chronicles 7:14 as much as possible and try to commit the verse to memory.
I will try to read and pray it at least once every hour throughout the time I am awake. Then, I will try to pray it every time I wake in the night, as I fall asleep, and when I wake in the morning.
My goal is to be intentional and purposeful in thinking it, reading it, and praying 2 Chronicles 7:14.
I also want to prayer journal my prayers of this verse for the world.
Now, what is your plan to develop this as a habit? Please share it with us and add a comment at the end of any blog post.

(Part of the "2 CHRONICLES 7:14 WORLD PRAYER HANDBOOK.")

No comments:

Post a Comment